Christmas is arriving and – how could it be otherwise – Christmas markets in Malaga are emerging, ideal to go for a stroll enjoying while shopping the great atmosphere with the stalls and Christmas lights,which each year are more elaborate.
Wondering where and when to do Christmas shopping? Perhaps our list of the main Christmas markets in Malaga will help you.
Christmas lighting in Malaga is switched on the last friday of November at Calle Larios and switched off the 6th in January.
Dates may vary from year to year in terms of when the Christmas markets begin. While many might be available since the begining of December others might start their activity by the end of november.
Among the main Christmas markets in the province we highlight:
- 1. Christmas Market of Benalmadena in Arroyo de la Miel
- 2. Christmas Market in Estepona
- 3. Souk at Pier One
- 4. Christmas market in Fuengirola
- 5. Torremolinos Christmas Market
- 6. Christmas Market in Puerto Banus – Marbella
- 7. Christmas Market in Alpandeire
- 8. Christmas Market in Torrox
- 9. Craft Fair in Paseo del Parque, Malaga
- 10. More Christmas Markets in Malaga
Christmas Market of Benalmadena in Arroyo de la Miel
Find up to 50 stalls with a variety of handcrafted products in Arroyo de la Miel, Benalmadena. Ther are Christmas products and children activities daily.
Address: Av de la constitucion, frente a la casa de la cultura. (Map)
Hours: 1 pm until 11 pm.
Dates: 5 December to 6 January.
Christmas Market in Estepona
You will find wooden houses in the purest Nordic market style and has an ice rink and children’s playground.
- When: From December 5th to January 6th. (Without confirmation)
- How to get there: https://goo.gl/maps/ErZUSiighQ72
Souk at Pier One
Muelle Uno or Pier One is a very recommendable place to visit with your family. An open space where to walk with excellent views of Malaga and where children always enjoy.
Every winter Christmas products arrive at the stalls that are organised in this place, you will also find clothes, food, local sausages and other products that may be of interest.
They also celebrate a multitude of special events that you can consult in their Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/muelleuno/
- When: 30 November to 10 January 2021 From 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- How to get there: https://goo.gl/maps/hfF71WWNccv
Christmas market in Fuengirola
At Plaza de la Constitucion you can find all the stalls that open during these dates in Fuengirola. You can get there by public transport, which is within walking distance.
- When: 20 December at Plaza de la Constitución. 10:30 a 18:00
- How to get there: https://goo.gl/maps/rEBwbaUYTDG8PHtw6
Torremolinos Christmas Market
At the beginning of the month of December you will find in the renovated center of Torremolinos numerous stalls where you can make your Christmas shopping.
Since Saturday 5 December and until 3 January there are local handicraft stalls in Avenida Palma de Mallorca from 11 am to 11 pm.
- When: During the month of December, from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm and from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
- How to get there: https://goo.gl/maps/xTJ4QGTPtPq9Hkuu9
Christmas Market in Puerto Banus – Marbella
Located in Muelle Ribera, on the front line of the port, this market has wooden stalls, playground and various activities.
- When: 4 December 2020 until 5 January 2021
- Opening hours: From 12.00 to 8.00 pm (Except Sundays 6, 8, 15, 22 and 29 which will be from 12.00 to 7.00 pm. 24, 31 December and 5 January from 12.00 to 2.00 pm.
Closed on 25 December and 1 January.
- Contact telephone: 699924185 – 608499789
- How to get there: https://goo.gl/maps/YQ2ZHYcqnzw
- More info: https://puerto-banus.com/en/noticias/eventos/puerto-banus-christmas-market/
Christmas Market in Alpandeire
From 7 December you will find at the Fairgrounds the Christmas market with a great variety of products. It is an excuse to visit the Genal Valley, a beautiful area where Alpandeire municipality is.
There is no official confirmation, the timetable information below refers to past events. You can find the latest official events here.
- When: 7 December from 12.00 to 8.00 p.m.
- Place: Explanada del Recinto Ferial
- Map: https://goo.gl/maps/VAPPUvHD1Ek
- Contact for stalls: 686 957 627 Raquel Mena
Christmas Market in Torrox
The largest Christmas market in the Costa del Sol will take place in Torrox at the beginning of December and where you can find crafts and gastronomic delicacies.
80 stalls offering Christmas decorations and handicrafts on the opening day from 12:00 to 21:00 on the last day.
The market is located at Avenida Esperanto in Torrox Costa.
Contact: 633 764 782 – 625319 323
There is no official confirmation this year.
- When: 5 to 9 December.
- How to get there: https://goo.gl/maps/7WwocS7RD3k
Craft Fair in Paseo del Parque, Malaga
During Christmas, this historic fair takes place in the heart of Malaga, highly recommended for a nice evening stroll. There will be attractions for children like a merry-go-round.
It is usually held from the end of November to the 6th of January. You will find Christmas articles, handicrafts, books, baked potatoes, balloons, soft drinks,t-shirts and much more. All in specially decorated stalls during these dates.
Children who wish can deliver their letter to the Three Kings in a stand set up for the occasion.
If you are looking for one of the most traditional Christmas markets in Malaga, you can’t miss this one.
- When: 11 am to 6 pm.
- How to get there: Paseo del Parque. (Map)
More Christmas Markets in Malaga
Other Christmas Markets that were organized in the past and might be available, but we got no confirmation.
Nerja: On December 6 there was a craft market in the Plaza de España in Nerja. There was also a Christmas market from the 12th to 18th of December next to the Church El Salvador (Balcony of Europe).
Gaucin: In the Convent of Gaucin there will be a Christmas Fair on 1st and 2nd of December, from 10 am to 5 pm, with unique gifts and traditional food.
Alora: From December 14 to 16 there was a Christmas market in Alora, with food stalls, crafts and Christmas items, children’s activities and performances, at Plaza Fuente Arriba, starting at 12 noon.
Ronda: If you visit during the next days you should be able to find a Christmas Market where you can buy handmade gifts and there are wooden stalls, playground and camel rides and other activities. Next to Bullring in Ronda
Do you know more? Our comments are open to suggestions.
- Selwo Aventura – A theme park in Estepona to visit in 2021 - April 30, 2021
- All about Malaga and Costa del Sol in April and May - April 1, 2021
- Visiting Malaga in March – What’s the weather like? - March 3, 2021