As you already know if you have read the blog post about fairs and festivals in October, on Friday 11 October the Fiesta en el Aire de Arriate (Open-Air Festival in Arriate) begins and will last until Sunday 13.
Open-Air Festival takes place over a long weekend with lots of fun, music and activities for the family. One of the goals of this event is to promote Malaga artists, do you want to join?
Open-Air Festival Program
The program is focused on musical shows with more than 20 concerts scheduled every year. There is also a music competition, a painting competition and a photography marathon.
In addition to music you can find many other activities ranging from exhibitions to craft workshops and cooking. The exhibitions can be found in the Residencia de Ancianos, at Calle La Fuente and at Callejuela. In these exhibitions you will find illustrations, short stories and some of the charms of Arriate.
Every night until early morning you can enjoy music with sessions by DJ Paul Bread.
Let’s take a look at some of the most outstanding events of the past year. If you want to know the complete program you can consult it at the end of this article:
On Friday afternoon the Fiesta en el Aire begins.
- 6.00 pm – Opening of the market.
- From 6 pm to 6.30 pm – Parade through the streets.
- 6 pm – Manolo Ruz “Caricatures workshop Cartoonclub” at Francisco Sintado Street.
- 6 pm – Klara Gomboc and her violin at Antonio Marañón Square.
- 8.30 pm Workshop “Current events in the marine world” at Plaza Juana Marín.
Concerts and band competition on the Main Stage
- 7 pm – Inauguration with Fran Guerrero.
- 8 pm – Sparring Agent
- 9 pm – Mataka
- 10 pm – Bovivan
- 11 pm – Malabrava
- 12 am – Wet Cat
- 1 am – Awards Ceremony Band Contest.
- 1.15 am – Forever Queen.
- 3 am- Paul Bread.
- 9.00 am – Registration for the fast painting contest at Plaza Díaz Mena.
- 11.30 am – Esparto workshop at Plaza Residencia de Ancianos.
- 12.00 pm – Terra Madre Sound Instruments Workshop at Plaza Díaz Mena.
- 12.00 pm – Market opening.
- 12.30 pm – Parade.
- 1.30 pm – Parades and Municipal Band concert.
- 1.00 to 5.00 pm – Recycling workshop at Plaza Díaz Mena.
- 1.00 pm – Magic show at Antonio Marañón Square and Cartoon Studio in Francisco Sintado Street.
- 4.00 pm – Parade through the streets of Arriate.
- 4.00 pm – Association of street artists from Malaga in Plaza Juan Marín.
- 5.00 pm – Winner of the Fast Painting contest in Plaza Díaz Mena.
- 5.00 pm – Klara Gomboc and her violin in Plaza Juana Marín.
- 8.00 pm – Juan Carlos at the piano in Plaza Juana Marín.
Main Stage Concerts
- 5.00 pm – Raices Flamencas.
- 6.00 pm – Los D’orlando de Cuba.
- 7.10 pm – Mitad Doble.
- 8.20 pm – Tarambana.
- 9.00 pm – Cesura.
- 10.15 pm – The Agapornis.
- 1.00 am – Mártires del Compás.
- 3.00 am – Beat 3.
- 3.30 am – Paul Bread.
- 11.30 am – Esparto Workshop at Plaza Residencia de Ancianos.
- 12.00 pm – Study of Caricatures in Francisco Sintado Street.
- 12.00 pm – Opening of the craft market.
- 1.00 pm – Percussion Workshop at Plaza Antonio Marañón.
- 1.30 pm – Parades through the streets of the municipality.
- 6.30 pm – Juan Carlos and his piano at Plaza Juana Marín.
Main Stage Concerts
- 4.30 pm – Gold Digers.
- 5.30 pm – El Tirpa.
- 6.00 pm – La Pompa Jonda.
- 8.00 pm – La Guardia.
How to get to Arriate festival
On Friday and Saturday there will be a special bus to celebrate the Fiesta en el Aire, which will link Ronda with Arriate from 8pm to 4am.
If you don’t have a vehicle or you don’t want to drive the most convenient transport means is a private taxi, even more if you find 4 more people for sharing the cost. I recommend malagatransfer.co.uk as I used them in the past and had a good experience; if Arriate is not in the list, you can contact them and ask the price for this service.
More information about the Arriate Air Festival, competitions: http://www.arriate.es/2/noticias
To find out more about this festival you can watch a promotional video used in other years:
- Selwo Aventura – A theme park in Estepona to visit in 2021 - April 30, 2021
- All about Malaga and Costa del Sol in April and May - April 1, 2021
- Visiting Malaga in March – What’s the weather like? - March 3, 2021