The boat that departs from Malaga to Tangier from August already offers information on its schedule and available prices, it is a new maritime line that joins the already available between the capital of the Costa del Sol and Melilla.
Would you like to visit Tangier or Melilla, I will tell you all the details of these routes and alternatives.
Ferry from Malaga to Tangier
The new maritime line of Balearia will depart from the port of Malaga every Saturday at 4:30 pm to Tangier and return on Sunday at 1:30 pm.
Prices for a one-way ticket
- From 14.43 euros per seat and 72.61 euros per car.
- In the case of a private cabin the price is 44.63€ per person.
These fares may vary according to passenger demand and are not fixed prices.
There are 360 passenger seats and the boat has capacity for 300 vehicles.
How long is the trip from Malaga to Tangier?
The journey time from the Port of Málaga to Tangier is 5 hours.
The time difference is -1 hour with respect to Spain.
For more information and updated prices you can visit Balearia.com
Other options to get to Tangier
To get to Tangier you can also choose to take a ferry from Almeria, Algeciras or Tarifa with daily departures.
- The ferry trip from Algeciras takes 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- The price per passenger is 20.75€ + 20.75€ for the return trip.
- From Algeciras there is a ferry to Morocco, Ceuta and Melilla.
- The ferry trip from Almeria takes 5 hours and 45 minutes.
- The price for a basic one-way ticket is from 35.29€ + 34€ for the return trip.
- The price for travelling in cabin is from 89.18€ + 96.43€ for the return trip.
Ferry from Malaga to Melilla
The ferry from Malaga to Melilla runs from Tuesday to Sunday all year round. The ships in charge of the crossing, the Fortuny and the Alcantara dos.
- The price for a one-way trip is from 30€ for a seat or 120.40€ for a cabin.
- For a vehicle the price of one way is 145.40€ with a seat or 225.40€ with a cabin.
- The journey time is between 7 and 8 hours.
The duration of the boat trip from Malaga to Melilla is variable depending on the day. It can last between 5 and 8 hours, although it usually lasts 6 hours and 15 minutes.
For more information and updated prices:
Latest posts by Raúl G.T (see all)
- Antequera Dolmens Site – Discovering our past in Antequera - February 13, 2020
- Natura Malaga Fair – Healthy and Sustainable Living Fair in April - February 11, 2020
- Starlite Marbella 2020 – Music, concerts and gastronomy festival - February 10, 2020