On March 27th, Royal Caribbean presents the’ Symphony of the Seas’, the largest cruise ship in the world.
If you plan to visit the centre of Malaga during the Semana Santa you can’t miss the international presentation of this cruise at the Malaga port.
The port of Malaga is the only place in the world that has hosted four Oasis class boats.
All about Symphony of the Seas
This great Oasis class cruise has the highest slide on a cruise ship, plus there will be plenty of activities for the passengers. Continue reading to know more:
Some features of Symphony of the Seas:
- Floated in 2017 and taking the first official voyage on 7 April 2018.
- 228.081 tons of weight and 362 meters long.
- Capacity up to 6680 passengers and 2200 crew.
- Maximum capacity of 6 people in cabin.
- Single and double cabins.
- Two-storey suites.
- Navigation speed: 22 knots
- 18 decks.
- Environmental light in suites.
- Internet connection in cabins.
- 24 hour service.
Attractions and activities inside the cruise
In addition to the indoor pool and the 4 outdoor swimming pools you will find basketball, tennis, a miniature golf course, climbing wall, ice skating rink, gym, jogging and other activities:
- Aquatheater: A stage with a pool for shows with sea views and 2 large screens.
- Children’s playgrounds.
- Surf simulator.
- Gym and fitness.
- Karaoke, Commedy and Jazz Club.
- High altitude zipline
- Bionic Bar attended by robotic arms.
- Family suite with its own cinema, games and jacuzzi.
- Carousel in the central promenade.
- Ultimate Abys: The 2 biggest slides on a cruise ship with light effects.
- Aquatic slides
- Central Park, a large green space with benches and walkways.
- Solarium with bar and access to restaurant.
- Musical shows, performances and games.
Facilities and restaurants
This cruise ship also provides restaurants for all tastes, a total of 15 bars and 20 restaurants.
Sports and leisure bars such as Playmakers, an ice cream and candy shop called Sugar Beach or a place to enjoy a good coffee in Park cafe.
Among the restaurants you will find one that suits your preferences: Hambuguers in the Jhonny Rocket, Loco Fresh, Rita’s Cantina, Mexican food in Sabor, seafood in Hooked, haute cuisine in Wonderland, pizza and Italian food in Jamie’s, meat in Chops Grille…
Curiosities of Symphony of the Seas
Such a large boat certainly offers us many curiosities, some of which I have found:
Symphony of the Seas is 5 times bigger than the Titanic.
The Suite Royal RL has space for 6 passengers, 2 bedrooms distributed on 2 floors, private balcony, panoramic views and a ‘reasonable price of 21,303 Euros per person plus taxes’ for 13 days cruising to Miami from Barcelona and Malaga. If you had planned to reserve it I am afraid it is no longer available, looks like a bargain.
Some rooms feature gift packs such as climbing sessions, refreshment pack, bottle of wine, free lunch or private casino gaming lessons.
For those who like unaccompanied cruise trips, there are single-passenger studies. This bedroom has exterior virtual views in real time through a flat screen.
Spanish, English, Portuguese, French, Italian, German and Spanish are spoken on board.
The following video shows in detail many of the features I have mentioned in this article.
Symphony of the Seas sea routes
Some of the routes that offer this cruise from and through the Mediterranean are:
Pre premiere and mini-cruise through the Mediterranean for 6 days departing on March 31st.
Travel to the Americas: 13 days from Barcelona and Malaga to Cabo Canaveral and arrival in Miami.
Mediterranean getaway: 4 days of travel through Civitavecchia, Naples and Barcelona.
Classic Mediterranean: 8 days and 7 nights on board with departure and return to Barcelona, visiting Palma de Mallorca, Marseille, La Spezia, Civitavecchia and Naples.
If you arrive to Malaga port
If you are one of the lucky passengers already planning your next adventure, we recommend that you take advantage of the cruise’s stop at Malaga Port during your itinerary.
The cruise to Miami, which will depart on 28 October, arrives to Malaga at 7 am and departs again at 6 pm on the same day. Time enough to visit the historical centre and some of the monuments of the city. If you wish you can book a private transfer from the port of Málaga for convenience, a private vehicle will pick you up and take you back in time before continuing the trip.
More information about Symphny of the Seas can be found at: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/symphony-of-the-seas
Latest posts by Raúl G.T (see all)
- Andalusia Day on February 28 – Everything you need to know - February 21, 2020
- More than 15 places to visit and things to do in Marbella all year round - February 19, 2020
- Antequera Dolmens Site – Discovering our past in Antequera - February 13, 2020