Every year Delta Air Lines used to offer direct flights without stops between New York and Malaga. The company has released an official communication stating that they will no longer offer this direct flight on summer.
With a direct flight to Malaga, even a weekend getaway or a week-long vacation without worry is possible.
Even though there is a notable interest by tourism industry in Andalusia for the connection between Malaga and New York to become constant, there is not yet any advance on this. In September the flights between the two cities are not daily anymore and there are only 3 connections weekly.
Nobody enjoys flights stops and boarding more than once on the same trip. With a direct flight to Malaga, even a weekend getaway or a week-long vacation without worry is possible.
So why not visiting Malaga? Are you worrying about the price? Let’s see more details about the flight and if it’s expensive or not…
Now, without direct flights, the only option for the visitor is coming through any of the hubs connecting with New York, those hubs are at the airports of Madrid, Barcelona, Amsterdam and London.
Will the direct flights come back again? I guess they will, but by now you can still visit us with 1 stop flights.
Details about the flight between Malaga AGP and New York JFK airport.
In 2017 there was an increment of 17% in passenger capacity from Delta Air Lines. It is an indication that the connection is well received by customers. The first flight that year between both cities was the 26th of May and the last the 30th of September.
The flight linking both cities daily is a Boeing 757-200 with capacity up to 180 passengers (24 first class, 21 comfort+ class and 135 economy class)
If you are interested in flying from New York to Malaga you might want to visit further than the Costa del Sol. I wrote a quick and essential guide for visiting Malaga.
Features of the Delta flight and entertainment on board
Except from the exit row seats with more space for legs or the first class for those who can afford, there are no specially recommended seats.
You should avoid the row 45, seats 22f and 22A (lack of window).
- The average legroom is 79 cm, which is typical from most airlines.
- There is WIFI Day Pass for a fee and free messaging with Whatsapp and Facebook Messenger.
- In-seat power & USB
- On-demand video and music with Delta Studio.
Schedules and prices for flights to Malaga from JFK airport
Prices for a round trip sound attractive depending on ticket class and month you choose. Approximately taking a look at the price range between May and September we can find prices from 2000$ to 5000$ for first class tickets and from around 731$ to 1191$ for economy class tickets.*
For round trips from Malaga to JFK the prices are between 278€ in September to 1417€ a Sunday of August.
(*) Prices here are an orientation and are subject to changes or fluctuations.
- This connection will be active until the 29th of September.
- Daily departures from Malaga at 8:15 am (arrival at 10:33 pm)
- Daily departures from New York at 5:08 pm (arrival at 6:50 am)
- In September there will be no daily flights but 3 connections per week.
Flights by Delta between Malaga and New York are available already. For bookings by phone use 901 116 946 / 91 749 6630. You can also book online from delta.com
- Malaga in January: Activities, events and other things to do in 2021 - January 8, 2021
- Christmas in Malaga: Experience the lights shows in 2020 and other activities - December 28, 2020
- Muslim heritage of Malaga: Al-Andalus, monuments and routes - December 24, 2020