Manilva is the westernmost municipality of the Costa del Sol, situated 103 km from Malaga, 47 km from Marbella, 40 km from Gibraltar and bordering the province of Cadiz.
The original village is located about 2 km of the coast between green hills and large crops of vineyards. The surroundings of Manilva consist mainly of gentle hills separated by streams and valleys. Located on the coast are Sabinillas and El Castillo de la Duquesa, which are most important from the point of view of tourism.
The municipality has a first class marina, Puerto Duquesa, which is the centre of most tourist activity. It has bars, restaurants, shops and all marina related services. In its surroundings are situated developments and hotels.
The town also has excellent sport facilities, with a specialized offer regarding golf and sailing. Here lies the La Duquesa golf course, a fabulous 18-hole course built in a superb natural setting, where the mild climate allows you to enjoy this sport every day of the year.
Transfer Malaga airport to Manilva
When going from Malaga airport to Manilva, an easy, fast and comfortable transportation method is the airport transfer:
- They are waiting for you even when your flight is delayed.
- You know what you have to pay with no hidden charges.
- The price is excelent, sometimes even cheaper than a taxi!
- Friendly and bilingual chauffer always willing to help with your luggage.
- Top recommended Malaga airport transfer to Manilva companies.
Beware of unlicensed drivers!
Manilva has 8 kilometers of sandy beaches and crystal clear waters which towards the west turn into beautiful beach coves surrounded by rocks and low cliffs, suitable for diving. The water is clean and cooler due to the proximity of the Strait of Gibraltar.The beaches in the Manilva area are some of the best on the Costa del Sol, and remain fairly uncrowded during the summer months.
Among the most important are the Sabinillas beach, with all the necessary services and which has been awarded with the Blue Flag, Playa Chullera, with a great ecological interest, and Playa del Castillo next to the marina of La Duquesa.
Manilva is located near some of the best golf courses in the province with excellent facilities; Sotogrande is only 16 km away with some of the best golf courses in Spain. Golf courses in the Manilva area are Estepona Golf, Dona Julia Golf, Duquesa Golf, Valderrama, Real Club de Golf Sotogrande, San Roque Almenara Golf and Golf Club.
The municipalities' historical highlights are the church of Santa Ana from the sixteenth century and the castle of the Duchess.
Manilva is interesting not only for its coastline and its marina, but also for the many archaeological sites found scattered around the municipality. Furthermore, it is also a great spot for those who enjoy nature hiking, on horseback or bicycle. North of Manilva is located Casares, a white Andalusian village embedded in the mountains providing a spectacular landscape, which is definitely worth a visit.
Due to its geographic location Manilva counts with an excellent subtropical Mediterranean climate. The average temperature of 18º C allows pleasant stays in any season.
Below you will find the Manilva weather forecast for the next days.
Manilva is situated 128 m above sea level and counts a total annual precipitation of 750 l/sqm.
Golf in Manilva
The golf course La Duquesa surly has its share on Manilva’s popularity. The design uses the breathtaking views and uneven terrain to create a unique atmosphere. Due to the mild climate you can enjoy this sport -except for a few days - during the whole year.
For non-golfers the region offers activities like tennis, paddel, billiard, snooker, ping-pong, gyms, Jacuzzy, indoor swimming pools, restaurants, etc. Willing beginners find a golf academy in Sotogrande, just about 15 minutes away.
The beaches of Manilva stretch over 8 km and boast fine sand and clear water. In the following we present some the most important ones:
- Playa de Chullera or Punta de Chullera: Rocky beach, especially popular for its great views and clean water; perfect for underwater fishing.
- Playa de las Arenas or El Gobernador: Straight beach with sandstone formations. Between two rocks you find the little Cala de la Sardina (sardine bay). Being a relativeley quiet place it suits perfectly for a peaceful day at the beach or some fishing.
- Playa del Negro: Straight beach with long, gentle hills plunging down the sea. It stretches between the Cala de la Sardina and arroyo de Alcorrin.
- Playa de los Toros: Wide beach with nice scenery; Its coast is occupied with different urbanizations. Its name beach of the bulls dates back to times, when cattle was driven through Cañada Real de Los Barrios to Estepona.
- Playa de la Duquesa or El Castillo: This beach is located next to the marina La Duquesa.
- Playa de Sabinillas: It stretches between the marina and the river Manilva. The village San Luis de Sabinillas is located on its coast.
Malaga airport to Manilva
Manilva, between gibraltar and the Costa del Sol, is a famous destination for golfers and for tourists trying to evade the mass tourism. The visitor, has the posibility of using the near international airports of Malaga or Gibraltar for getting to Manilva.
- Taking a bus from Malaga airport may not be the most convenient method of transportation if you have a lot of luggage. If you are decided to take a bus, you may know there is no direct link between Malaga and Manilva. You should take a bus to Estepona, it can takes up to 2 hours to arrive, and then make a transfer to Manilva, taking usually 1 hour. Its also important for you to know that there is no bus in Sunday to Estepona neither Manilva..
- Taking a taxi to Manilva can be extremely expensive, we higly recommend hiring a car for a much cheaper price.
- There is no train linking from Malaga airport to Manilva.
- Car hire at Malaga may be a nice and cheap option for transportation,even more if you plan going to Manilva.
- Transfers from Malaga airport to Manilva is a fast and confortable way if you don´t need to rent a car and you need a vehicle for many people.
Continue reading in how to get to Manilva, it could be of help if you are looking for the road route, and if you still have questions don´t hesitate in contacting us in the Malaga transportation forum.
Pictures below are some of the images you can find in our Manilva photo gallery.
Ayuntamiento de Manilva
Edificio Miromo, s/n - 2969 Manilva (Málaga)
Tel. +34 952897434 Fax +34 952936308
Manilva is the perfect place for Golf. But don’t forget to taste the excellent fish of the region: Bream, Red Mullet, Jewfish, Tuna and baked fish.