Costa del Sol holidays
- Puerto Banus
- Sierra Nevada
Costa del Sol
The Costa del Sol in the south of the Spanish peninsula remains one of the most popular holiday destinations in the world, since it combines a magnificent climate throughout the year with a great selection of beaches and excellent infrastructure along a 160 km coast.
On our pages we provide extensive tourist information as well as pictures of the most popular resorts of the Costa del Sol:
- Torremolinos, since the 50s one of the major sun and beach tourist destinations in Spain and the first in Andalusia, with an extensive tourism infrastructure.
- Benalmadena, with its old town in the mountains and a modern seaside resort and chic award winning Marina. Fuengirola, with the longest sea promenade in Spain and a large selection of hotels.
- Mijas, stretching from the picturesque white village Mijas Pueblo in the mountains to the new development in Mijas Costa.
- Marbella and Puerto Banus, the summer resort of the jet set and the epicenter of exhibitionism. Close to Manilva is situated Sotogrande, the place of choice for upscale vacation away from the hustle and bustle of Marbella.
- And last not least Nerja, the best known town on the coast east of Malaga, with charming little coves.
To make sure that you get the most out of your time on the Costa del Sol we recommend that you buy a good guide book for the area. We have reviewed many, you can read our recommendations and buy directly on-line from MalagaWeb in the Guide Books area, all products are in association with Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk to assure the best quality and service.
Airport transfers Costa del Sol
Many companies offer transfers in Costa del Sol, but not all of them offer what they say. Continue reading if you need a shuttle or transfer.
- Hang out transfer, excursions, shuttle, and more services.
- You know what you have to pay with no hidden charges.
- The price is excelent, sometimes even cheaper than a taxi!
- Friendly and bilingual chauffer always willing to help.
- Child seat available if needed.
Top recommended Costa del Sol transfers companies.
Beware of unlicensed drivers!
The Costa del Sol stretches along some 160 kilometers in the province of Malaga, from Nerja in the east to Manilva in the west. Due to its excellent climate throughout the year, this region is year after year one of the most popular holiday destinations. Therefore, the Costa del Sol is not only a summer resort; the mild climate allows enjoying a large number of outdoor activities, a fact that not only golf enthusiasts take advantage of.
Well developed Costa del Sol resorts like Torremolinos, Benalmadena, Fuengirola and Marbella attract every year a large number of visitors. These resorts not only provide miles of sandy beaches, great weather and a large tourist infrastructure catering for every need, but also offer an extensive selection of entertainment and relaxation for every taste, including zoos and water parks, casinos, bullfights, amusement parks, local fairs, parks, gardens, museums and historical monuments.
Tourism concentrates mainly on the coastal strip of Malaga province, where nearly all municipalities have experienced a spectacular growth in the recent years. The lifestyle here is casual and relaxed and yet very lively. The locals are famous for their partying, thus Costa del Sol nightlife is very animated in Malaga city and all coastal resorts and even more in summer! Visitors can also enjoy calm nights at the seashore enjoying dinner or a drink in one of the many restaurants, bars and beach bars.
Probably the most popular international hot spots for nightlife on the Costa del Sol are La Nogalera and Los Alamos area of Torremolinos, the so-called 24 hour square in Benalmadena and the glitter and glam mile of Puerto Banus in Marbella where you can dance the night away until the morning hours. The Costa del Sol is as well known as the Costa del Golf due to the high density of first class golf courses, especially on the western coast around Marbella, Estepona and Manilva.
Only a few kilometers from the bustling coast you can discover the ancient Andalusian villages, many of them known as white Villages due to the white whitewashed facades, a legacy of times past of the Arab kingdom in Al-Andalus. We invite you to discover the charm and beauty of nature and villages of the interior, where is still palpable the authentic magic of Andalucia.
Enjoy your holidays on the Costa del Sol and don´t forget to share your experiences with us!
Pictures of Costa del Sol, Spain
- You can also visit the Costa del Sol photo gallery
Besides the beaches the area has many other beautiful sites to see off the coastline, such as: The famous white villages of Andalucia, Ronda, with its spectacular gorge, and El Chorro – a pretty inland reservoir and gorge.