English Deutsch Español

Recommendations when visiting Malaga

Introduce yourself or chat about anything in our general forum.
Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Recommendations when visiting Malaga

Post by Raul » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:19 am

What places do you recommend to visit when coming to Malaga?

I would recommend:

Gibralfaro Castle
A must visit, even more if you dont have your own vehicle as it is located in Malaga city.

Puerto Banus
Luxury, exotic cars and boats...if you like shopping and you can afford it, a must visit. It is just 40 minutes approximately far from Malaga city.

Nerja & Nerja Caves
Nerja is not too far from Malaga by car.

Visiting Andalucia from Malaga
And if you rent a car in Malaga or drive your own car, visiting Granada and la Alhambra, and then driving to Almuñecar through Otivar (beautiful mountain road). I recommend it within the medium or high season, as in winter temperature can freeze the road and it is too dangerous.

Granada to Almuñecar recommended road route:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ll= ... 10&vpsrc=6
By the time I did this route, I choosed a beautiful mountain road as alternative to the boring motorway. Just remember to drive with care, there are many cyclist in that area.

From Granada drive direction to Motril and take special care to the "Suspiro del Moro" motorway exit signpost, once you see it take that exit and go straight or take the next one to the right, Impossible to get lost.
Granada to Almunecar map
Granada to Almunecar map
And from there, getting back to Malaga through Nerja where you can spend also a few time would make the day, arriving by night to Malaga just at the time for sleeping.

Pantich77
New Visitor
New Visitor

Re: Recommendations when visiting Malaga

Post by Pantich77 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:53 pm

Alcazaba fortification built between 1057 and 1063. Great views of Malaga !

AnthonyW
New Visitor
New Visitor

Re: Recommendations when visiting Malaga

Post by AnthonyW » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:03 pm

I visited Malaga two years ago for the first time. We decided to take the Malaga Bike tours by Kay Farrell and cycling around the city gave us more opportunities to discover this great city for a day (since we were only passing by) with all its wonderful monuments ! Highly recommended

Malagacar.com

Malaga airport transfers