The month of October in Malaga marks since almost three decades the birth of one of its most famous sons, Pablo Picasso, during the so-called Picassian October. The Picasso Foundation situated in the birthplace of the painter and artist offers an extensive cultural program around this world famous personality who was born in Malaga.
This October promises to be even more interesting, as the Picasso Museum is celebrating its tenth anniversary. During the weekend of 26 and 27 October, the Museum will open for 24 hours and will offer 30 free activities around five main themes: exhibitions, music, family, itineraries and activities that take place outside the premises of the museum.
Since the schedule is pretty wide and varied, we refer to the website of the museum where you can find complete information, but to make your mouth water, here is an overview: The musical program includes a singer, electronic music, jazz quartet and classical music quartet. The family program is presented with a puppet show, a workshop and theatre for children. There will be night routes through the Roman theatre and the underground as well as visits to the terrace of the Palacio de Buenavista for nocturnal visitors, guided tours through the Museum and more.
Admission and all activities are free from October 26 at 20 pm until October 27 at 7.30 pm. Detailed information at:
Also this week you can enjoy more activities offered by the Picasso Foundation:
- October 24, 9.30 pm: The facade of the Casa Natal becomes the scene of a vertically acrobatic dance.
- October 25, 8 pm to 12 pm: Animation theatre at Casa Natal (First floor, Plaza de la Merced, 15)
- October 26, 11 am to 2 pm and 5 pm to 7 pm: Artistic intervention at Plaza de la Merced with origami workshop.
In commemoration of the anniversary of the birth of Picasso, the entrance to Museo Casa Natal and the Temporary Exhibition Hall will be free on 25 and 26 October. There will also be free guided tours on October 25, at 11am, 12am and 6 pm.
- Visit Malaga in October – Recommendations, weather and temperature - October 1, 2020
- Campervan hire in Malaga – Tips and places to camp with your Motorhome - September 21, 2020
- Visiting Malaga in September – All you need to know - August 31, 2020