Malaga travel guide books
When planning your holiday to Malaga it might be a good idea to have a tourist guide and maybe a street or monuments map, this is why we are going to recommend a few of them available online for anyone.
One of the top guides sold is the one from Lonely Planet, the maps from Michelin are also well rated for those who are looking for road maps and restaurants.
Reading about Malaga and Andalucia
Many people choose to get a travel book about their holiday destination before getting there for the first time. It is a way to get into the way of life of the country and the area to visit, others prefer to discover everything as they get there, what kind of tourist are you?
Even those who don't like reading travel guides might need a good street map with monuments and restaurants, it is a must when looking for one place where eating or for public transport stops, maps are usually overpriced in your holiday destination so better try to get them online.
Books are shipped within 24 hours, but do not buy them just one day before your trip, better to plan in advance and then just pack it with your luggage.
Best rated guides and maps
The selection below are the guide books we feel best inform travelers about the various regions and cities of Southern Spain. Those are the best rated so anyone getting one of them can become an expert before visiting us.
To do list before visiting Malaga: Packing up
Solar protection, souvenirs, useful travel items...In addition to your basic luggage and clothes, depending on the season you might need different items, if you forget something you could always buy it here, but you might get a better price online.
What do you need to bring for Winter & Autumn
- Umbrella, just in case, better to be ready if it rains any day. Read our article about things you can do when it's raining.
- Jacket, if your flight arrives late or early in the morning, you will not regret bringing some warm clothes in winter.
What do you need to bring for Spring and Summer
- Summer apparel, hat and swimsuit if planning to enjoy beach or pool.
- Beach towel, unless you plan to lie on the hot sand. It can be a sport microfiber towel so you can use it after your holiday at home, I have seen some that are recommended for sports and beach.
- Sun protect and moisturising lotion*, do not forget this, even more if your skin is not used to be exposed to the sun.
- Tan spray for those who want to get tan, but always look for at least SPF 15 in advance.
- Sunglasses, you will not regret bringing one, it is not a bad idea to buy a branded one as the quality will be better for protecting your eyes.
- Sandals and comfortable shoes, you can bring your everyday shoes if you plan to walk much.
- Summer pyjama.
*What sun protect lotion should you buy?
When buying a sun protect moisturiser take in consideration what kind of skin you have, minimum Sun protect factor (SPF) should be at least 30, except for those with white or sensitive skin, then it would be a good idea to get SPF 40+.
If your skin is used to sun exposure and you want to get tan, then a tan intensifying sun spray could be a good idea, at least it should be SPF 15+.
Kids should use sun protect lotion with SPF 50+ and remember to bring an anti-UV umbrella for babies, they require special UV protection.
You can read also our guide for safe sun bathing in Malaga or search for your favourite or best reviewed brand in the search box.
Recommended items when planning a trip to Malaga and Spain
- There is a very useful travel wallet organizer for all your bookings and flight tickets.
- Tourist guide and street map as we recommended above.
- Phone charger,powerbank and plug adaptor if needed, Spain has standard european power socket, different than UK, so better to bring an UK to Europe adaptor plug if you are bringing electric devices.
- Your favourite book.
- Travel size perfume, remember flights require special sizes for liquids in your hand luggage.
- Backpack, useful when going out for hiking, to the beach, or just when bringing back home more stuff than you had when coming.
- Hard luggage case, better to protect your belongings, and can be used also as quick seat.
We decided to use Amazon because of the easy and fast shipping. Amazon.co.uk also delivers to Spain and other countries in Europe just in case you are not actually living in United Kingdom. Your login details will work also from the UK website.