English Deutsch Español

New Year's Eve in Malaga

Introduce yourself or chat about anything in our general forum.
robbiedolittle
New Visitor
New Visitor

New Years Eve

Post by robbiedolittle » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:42 pm

Hi. Father and adult son coming to Benalmadena from Canada for holidays and will be there New Years Eve. We are looking for options regarding a place to celebrate with the locals and other tourists. Any suggestions?
Also I would like to take the bus from the airport to the hotel which is on Av de Antonio Machado. I have a few hours before my son arrives and want to try and navigate the area on my own without taxi or car-hire. And I don't speak a word of Spanish. Any suggestions for this also? I am very excited to visit Spain for the first time.

Thank you...... Rob

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New Years Eve

Post by Raul » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:06 am

Hi and welcome Rob!
Where in Canada are you from?, I always wanted to visit that country :)

About New Year´s Eve, you can celebrate it at most of the main squares at each munincipality. As example, you can check the video below which is a New Year´s eve celebration in Coin, Malaga (interior white village)
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... +year+coin

You can check on youtube for other celebrations in Malaga, so you can decide where would you like to go ;)

About the bus from Malaga airport to Benalmadena, its a little bit complicated...the only bus to that area is outside the airport. You have to go straight to the South, and there is a bus stop under the bridge. Another option is to take a bus or train (last stop) to Malaga city center (muelle Heredia bus station) from Malaga airport and take a bus to Benalmadena from there.

My recommendation would be to take a taxi or to hire a car, Benalmadena as you can see will bring you some headaches if you choose the bus. However it is possible to do, let me know if need some indications in a map.

robbiedolittle
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by robbiedolittle » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:09 pm

Hi Raul. Thanks so much for responding with great information. I think I will take a taxi from the airport to the hotel and explore the bus when my son arrives, a few hours after me. I am coming from Toronto and he is flying down from London. We are very excited to be coming to Spain, my 1st visit there.

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Raul » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:01 am

You are welcome!
Weather was excellent until the last weekend, however its not much cold but rainy days lately.
How many days will you stay in Malaga? Mabe I can recommend some visits depending on how long will you stay ;)

I hope you enjoy your visit to Spain :D , and don´t forget to share your experience with us!

Andrea

New Year's Eve in Malaga

Post by Andrea » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:03 am

Hello,
I love Malaga but only stayed there during the summer, Im wondering about how is it during New Year's Eve. Better to stay in hotel or are there any cool celebration outside?

My plan is going there with a friend by the end of December...BTW I already know the beach wáter will be cold but it's fine as I dont plan to swim in Winter :D

How is the temperature? What clothes should I need to bring?

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New Year's Eve in Malaga

Post by Raul » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:11 am

Hello,

If coming for a holiday I think its better to join a public celebration with the locals, they use to celebrate New Year's Eve at Malaga city centre, Constitucion Square and Calle Larios...never been there but It must be nice for a tourist to see.

Its not too cold in Malaga by the end of December and begining of January, but I would recommend to bring some winter clothes for the night...last year I used just a coat over a t-shirt and I was fine.

About swiming...you are right, but I can tell you that in my building some german residents use to swim every single day of the year in the pool at 7am...I would not recommend it though :D

Malagacar.com

Malaga airport transfers