Malagaweb.com

Trains from Airport to Fuengirola

Find quick answers in our forum about private and public transport in Malaga and Costa del Sol.
buddyboy940
New Visitor
New Visitor

Trains from Airport to Fuengirola

Post by buddyboy940 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:56 pm

Hi Raul, I am due to arrive at Malaga Airport at 0030 hrs on Saturday April 7Th, could you tell me please, Do the trains run all night, as it is viernes santos, and, do they stop at the Airport en route to Fuengirola. Thanks for any help that you can provide, Regards David.

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Trains from Airport to Fuengirola

Post by Raul » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:00 pm

Hi and welcome!
Im afraid there are no trains from Malaga airport by that time. The last one is aproximately around 10 pm, and the first one runs from Malaga centre at 5,30 am aprx.

For more information you can check the suburban train schedule

buddyboy940
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by buddyboy940 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:17 pm

Hi Raul, Thanks very much for the prompt reply, very helpful, Regards David.

Doodee
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by Doodee » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi there!
I just came along this post and I thought maybe other users might find it useful to know that there are actually running trains in “Semana Santa” / Easter week from Malaga to Fuengirola and vice-versa THE WHOLE NIGHT! :o I was very surprised when checking the timetable last week. I live here and actually never understood why the last suburban train to Fuengirola leaves Malaga centre at 10:30 pm, being a popular Tourist resort and large city... Well, at least during Easter you won´t miss any Procession and then be stuck in the middle of the night! The train runs regularly all night every half an hour along all stops between Malaga centre and Fuengirola. Just to let you know when you have a late night arrival at Malaga airport during Easter 2013! :lol:

leatherdoctor
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by leatherdoctor » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:38 pm

Hi All

Last time I went to Malaga I left the Airport and set out for the train station to get a connection to Fuengirola, it was quite late and I'd not been there for a while but it took me forever to find the Station!

They moved the station and never let me know :lol: The signage is appalling, I used to live on the CDS and speak some Spanish, I'm just glad it wasn't the first time I'd been there or I would of been really confused. I've used the trains extensively on the coast and have to say they are excellent but would love to be able to use the service past 10pm so i could have a proper night out in Malaga

I Love the country and the people and wish I'd never moved back to the UK :(

Sorry for the rambling post, I'm a newbie here :oops:

SN2015
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by SN2015 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:18 pm

I live here and actually never understood why the last suburban train to Fuengirola leaves Malaga centre at 10:30 pm, being a popular Tourist resort and large city... Well, at least during Easter you won´t miss any Procession and then be stuck in the middle of the night! The train runs regularly all night every half an hour along all stops between Malaga centre and Fuengirola.