Malagaweb.com

Tours and rentals in Malaga

Discover the beauty and the magic of this southern region of Spain using bus tours , minibus, private taxis or your own car. Feel free to ask about any tour route and enjoy the beautiful excursions and trips within Andalucia.
Forum rules
Do not post advertising, this forum is for posting questions about tours in Andalucia. This region is a beautiful place to explore and we want you to enjoy it.
augustus1016
New Visitor
New Visitor

Tours and rentals in Malaga

Post by augustus1016 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:05 pm

we are two seniors planning a trip to the general area

we are not beach bums so traveling to small towns near by sightseeing taking day trips using the sol timor hotel as a base

need suggestions and we are very budget conscious

also what about day trips to tangier etc

is bike renting very expensive or a car rental being an american automatic

when is the better time to visit as we are open to any and all seasons how cold is it in jan feb

how about cinemas theatres comedy clubs and night life with music preferably jazz

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Tours and rentals in Malaga

Post by Raul » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:49 am

Hi and welcome to the forum!

My first recommendation is the car hire Malaga option. Yesterday I visited as example Montilla in Cordoba and It took a little more than 1 hour to get to Montilla from Malaga. I like visiting small towns also, so a car rental is a must if you really want to visit white villages without spending much money.

My recommendations based in my experience are:
In summer Tarifa, the town is very nice and there is a surfer ambient everywhere.
Nerja worth the visit in summer or winter.
Sierra Nevada in Granada is a must in winter.
If you like small villages really, Otivar is a very nice and very recommended visit, I loved the trip and I got there driving from Granada by a mountain pass to Almuñecar.

Nightlife in Malaga:
There are comedy clubs in Malaga, I can recommend one if interested.
About the live jazz and live music or festivals, I recommend to check our blog as I use to post those events there. It is updated every day or every few days: http://www.malagaweb.com/blog/tourism/events/

There are many cinemas in Malaga, the cinema where I use to see the films is "Plaza Mayor", located between Malaga and Torremolinos, you can choose to see spanish or english films, and we have 3D or HD as options for watching the films.

Finally, if you are not after the beach and the sun, just for visiting small villages and experiencing Malaga itself. February, March or April are excellent months, January maybe its a little cold and rainy here; September and October are nice months too. All those months are not too hot neither cold.

Hope this information helps.
Let me know if have more questions, and remember to make your hotel and car hire reservation ahead of time.

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Tours and rentals in Malaga

Post by Raul » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:53 am

I have just created a new section for tours from Malaga, including Tanger, Ceuta, Gibraltar, Granada as well as many other destinations.

Everyone is welcome to check it out.