Malagaweb.com

Brians Rent Car in Benalmadena

Post your car rental review or read reviews posted by customers, find the best car rental company by comparing opinions in our forum.
Forum rules
Only identified forum members can post reviews and opinion about any car hire company so your experience can help others to decide.

Please do not spam, post false reviews or advertise a car rental website in our forum!
malagafan
New Visitor
New Visitor

Brians Rent Car in Benalmadena

Post by malagafan » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:09 pm

Well here is another very bad review to add to the collection. I hope that someone else will find it useful ;)
This is the beauty of the global communication...we can reach the world in few clicks helping each other and stopping dishonest people!

Lets start from the beginning...
I've hired a car this summer from a small company located in Benalmadena called "Briansrentacar". This company is managed by a very kind and helpful english man (that's how it looks at the beginning).
Well I've had no problem with them until I've been back at home.
After this moment they have shown a complete indifference for their customer (me!) and they have not refunded back my security deposit.

I've had to call them a lot of times just to listen to an "exotic" excuse after another...and with the last call he also hung up on me! :roll:
This is what can ruin a great holiday!

You're warned...it's better by foot than on brian's wheels :lol:

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Brians rentacar in Benalmadena

Post by Raul » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:08 am

Hi Malagafan!, welcome to the forum.

Im so sorry about your experience.
You are right, Internet make us able to post our experiences, sometimes good experiences and sometimes bad ones, but Im pretty sure every experience can help many other people looking for information.

Again thank you for sharing it with us, and you are welcome to share any other experience in Malaga, let´s hope a good one! ;)

DaveB
New Visitor
New Visitor

Re: Brians rentacar in Benalmadena

Post by DaveB » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:50 am

malagafan wrote:Well here is another very bad review to add to the collection. I hope that someone else will find it useful ;)
This is the beauty of the global communication...we can reach the world in few clicks helping each other and stopping dishonest people!

Lets start from the beginning...
I've hired a car this summer from a small company located in Benalmadena called "Briansrentacar". This company is managed by a very kind and helpful english man (that's how it looks at the beginning).
Well I've had no problem with them until I've been back at home.
After this moment they have shown a complete indifference for their customer (me!) and they have not refunded back my security deposit.

I've had to call them a lot of times just to listen to an "exotic" excuse after another...and with the last call he also hung up on me! :roll:
This is what can ruin a great holiday!
We at http://www.Briansrentacar.com provide 2000 clients with cars throughout the year, we did not ask for a deposit for the first 12 years of trading but experienced so many clients refusing CDW insurance and then returning the cars damaged.
We always refund security deposits if the car is returned undamaged. We can be contacted on 0034 952 444422 with 24 hour answer service.

Jeff
New Visitor
New Visitor

Re: Brian Rent Car in Benalmadena

Post by Jeff » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:06 pm

I had the same experience with them. Very friendly on the first contact, then they refused paying back the security deposite although there was no damage to the car.
I heard similar stories from other people.
There's one thing they seem pretty good at: lying.
I first didn't understand how they could rob customers that way without running bankrupt... But then I understood by observing them... they're yelling at each others all the time, yelling on the phone to customers who are calling to ask for their deposite back. It's just like a dog running after its tail.
It is truly because of people like them that a lot of local Spanish folks are sick and tired of the UK.

potty
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by potty » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:42 pm

Hi have just had this happen to me has anyone managed to get there deposit back yet??
I have conacted watchdog in the uk to investigate and have got a solicitor on it. any help would be greatfull and we need to warn others.

zak
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by zak » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:19 pm

WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING

Do not touch this lot with a barge pole they will tell you that they will return your security deposit on return to the UK as they have to wait to see if any parking tickets or speeding fines come through first.
You hand the vehicle back to them, usually at the airport and they drive off without any form of inspection.
Once you are safely back in the UK where you cannot get at them they will 'invent' damage to the vehicle which they claim you have done, invariably this will equate to almost the full amount of the security deposit.
They ripped me off for 250 Euros.
Take my advice, steer clear of this lot or you will lose your deposit for sure.

snow6oy
Returning Visitor
Returning Visitor

Post by snow6oy » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:27 pm

Hi all,

I wish I had read these warnings earlier. My story is exactly the same as yours. The car was returned last week and they have declined to honor the deposit. They have even contradicted each other on the phone as to what "damage" I am alleged to have caused. As I live in Spain it's possible I may pursue this. Particular if there are a few of us with documentary evidence who are willing to share the legal costs. Please send me a private message if you are interested.

Regards

snow6oy
Returning Visitor
Returning Visitor

Post by snow6oy » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:35 pm

Here's a similar report from Karen Gibbard, Redditch, UK
“ car rental with brians rent a car ”
13 July 2011, 21:47

Please anyone who is looking for car rental in benalmadena spain near malaga do not use brains rent a car they will rip you off and keep your depsoit saying you have done damage when you haven't.

they have done this to loads of people, don't make yourself the next victim of there con..... Pass it on ..
originally posted at:
http://www.tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g18 ... lucia.html

Thanks to Karen for speaking up.

stewarthall01
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by stewarthall01 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:11 pm

snow6oy wrote:Here's a similar report from Karen Gibbard, Redditch, UK
“ car rental with brians rent a car ”
13 July 2011, 21:47

Please anyone who is looking for car rental in benalmadena spain near malaga do not use brains rent a car they will rip you off and keep your depsoit saying you have done damage when you haven't.

they have done this to loads of people, don't make yourself the next victim of there con..... Pass it on ..
originally posted at:
http://www.tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g18 ... lucia.html

Thanks to Karen for speaking up.
I have read these postings and are surprised to read these people had problems with www.Briansrentacar.com of Arroya, I have hired with this company for 9 years and my deposit was returned every time but once last year. The car was parked in Supersol and when I returned 2 panels were scratched. I contacted Brians and they told me it would be sorted after I returned the car at the airport. When I returned the car the girl from Brians told me most clients try hide damage or deny liability trying to avoid paying the cost of repair.
They sent me photos of the damage and told me the repair cost was 180 euro plus 40 euro for their costs. 30 euro balance was repayed to my credit card within 2 weeks.
Since this experience I take out crash DAMAGE WAIVER which costs 49 euro one week or 75 euro 2 weeks and now I have no problem with damage to the car.
I have recomended Brians to all my clients renting my apartment and they pay the CDW and are very happy with the service they provide.
Stewart Hall

stewarthall01
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by stewarthall01 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:24 pm

I know from my experience people can post reviews that are not true. Any person claiming Briansrentacar is avoiding return of deposit fraudulently should contact the Police. I have delat with this company for many years and have experience of their clients denying damage on cars. The company always sends photos of the damage to the clients and allows for independant inspections.
I am happy to contact Brians on any persons behalf if they would contact me at (EDITED)
I recomend this company to 200 my clients per year who rent apartments from me in Andalucia, I have never had any problems and their personal delivery and collection at the airport is first class.
Stewart Hall :D :D
Last edited by Raul on Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Email edited as no personal information is allowed

Visit Malaga Forum

Car hire Malaga Malaga airport transfers Malaga hotels