English Deutsch Español

Train from Malaga to Cadiz

Find quick answers in our forum about private and public transport in Malaga and Costa del Sol.
tlittle
New Visitor
New Visitor

Train from Malaga to Cadiz

Post by tlittle » Tue May 18, 2010 1:33 am

I will be staying in Cadiz and would like to know if there is a train from the Malaga Airport to Cadiz and how far this town is from the train station? Are there any car rentals in Cadiz?
thank you

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Train from Malaga to Cadiz

Post by Raul » Tue May 18, 2010 9:22 am

Hello and welcome to the forum!

There is no direct train from Malaga to Cadiz...I went many times to Cadiz (Puerto de Santa Maria) in the past every weekend, and I had to take a train to Seville (Dos Hermanas is the best option as it is the train station just before "Santa Justa" which is the last one), and from Seville you have to take another train to Cadiz which is the last train stop as far as I remember.

My recommendation...why not renting a car in Malaga?. Train ticket is expensive and the travel trip can take around 5 hours or more while by car you can be in Cadiz in about 2 hours and a half.

tlittle
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by tlittle » Tue May 18, 2010 5:24 pm

Sounds like it is easier and cheaper to drive. Thank you very much for the information.

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Raul » Wed May 19, 2010 9:51 am

Yes it is much easier...3 hours by train to Seville, 1 hour waiting and 2 hours to Cadiz...is a very long trip, while in car is much shorter.
You are welcome ;)

bernetta66
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by bernetta66 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:29 pm

If I were going to travel from Granada to Cadiz or Jerez, I would take the train to Seville Santa Justa, and then a train from Sta Justa to Cadiz or Jerez.

Malagacar.com

Malaga airport transfers