English Deutsch Español

Short trip around Malaga, Seville, Cadiz and Gibraltar

Quick answers for your questions about Andalucia, Sierra Nevada and the southern of Spain.
Chanda
New Visitor
New Visitor

Short trip around Malaga, Seville, Cadiz and Gibraltar

Post by Chanda » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:53 pm

My friend and I will be travelling the following route: We will arrive and rent a car at Malaga airport, from there we want to visit a little bit of southern Spain. We just have a few days, so we thought about Seville, Cadiz and Gibraltar. Do you have any suggestions for an itinerary, nice places and Hotels or any other information you consider useful? Thank you very much! :D

sonia
New Visitor
New Visitor

Re: Short trip around Malaga, Seville, Cadiz and Gibraltar

Post by sonia » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:33 pm

Hi there Chanda!

Maybe part of the route we did is interesting for you. We found out from the tourist board about several thematic routes. We did the one called Al-Isidri-Route, which goes from Algeciras to Granada, passing along the whole Costa del Sol and part of the Costa Tropical before it bends northward to Granada. Along the Costa del Sol there are all the typical resorts, but as well really nice spots, normally half concealed in the mountains (as typical Moorish villages as they once were!). Very charming are Castellar de la Frontera and Casares, up in the mountains, a little bit off the main road. Mijas is very charming as well, but close to the resort of Fuengirola and a little bit overrun with tourists. You can perceive clearly the change in the landscape and the amount of constructions, once you leave the province of Malaga and the Costa del Sol. The coastline of the province of Granada is somehow much rougher and wilder, with many steep areas. Salobreña is a nice little town close to the sea and the last stop over before heading north. Once you get away from the coast, the landscape is really stunning, driving between gorges and green valleys up into the mountains of the snow-covered Sierra Nevada, wow! :P
Sonia

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Short trip around Malaga, Seville, Cadiz and Gibraltar

Post by Raul » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:30 pm

First of all I would recommend you to take advantage of our reviews , where we have placed the most relevant car rental companies at Malaga airport, I recommend you one of the alternative routes from Malaga to Seville; it takes you about four hours to get there (about 230 km) but it is definitely worth it, as it leads you through the stunning landscape of the mountains on not very frequented winding roads. A place to visit on this part of the journey could be Ronda

Travelling from Seville down to the south again towards Cadiz, you can either turn westwards to the Atlantic and visit the Doñana National Park or you can turn land inwards and tour the white villages, such as Arcos de la Frontera and Medina Sidonia. Jerez is famous for its wines and Bodegas. If you are in Cadiz around the 12th to the 21st of February, there is the famous carnival of Cadiz going on, an experience which should not be missed!

Heading back to the coast is really lovely the trip along the coastal roads of the Atlantic and the towns of Conil, Barbate, Vejer and Tarifa. If you have time, get on a boat and do some Whale watching in the strait of Gibraltar, it´s a beautiful experience!

For Gibraltar you will need a passport to be able to cross the border.

Once you’re heading back to Malaga province and you still have some time, don´t miss to see Antequera and the Torcal de Antequera, an amazing natural rock formation.

Both Malaga and Seville are definitely worth an extended visit. Malaga is a charming and bustling mediterranean city, with an undeniable southern heartbeat and quite some culture and monuments to offer, apart from good vibes! (I life here obviously) J

Seville is in the inland and has a different kind of vibe, discover it for yourself; Seville is the third largest city of Spain and very rich in cultural offers, monuments, museums and of course nightlife, apart from being the business-capital of Andalusia. Here you can find further information:

Tours from Malaga, where we review some day trips and excursions from Malaga...however the website we recommend for tours can make any trip within Andalucia.

I hope, this information was useful to you. Have a good trip!

Malagacar.com

Visit Malaga Forum

Malaga airport transfers