Malagaweb.com

Schengen visa rejected, what can I do now?

Introduce yourself or chat about your last trip to Malaga in our general forum.
Lilith

Schengen visa rejected, what can I do now?

Post by Lilith » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:44 am

Hello,
Im planning a trip to Malaga but got visa refusal from Spain Embassy. I provided everything except bank statement which I forgot, but provided holiday letter from my job...sadly my visa request was rejected with a weird reason: "the purpose of your visit is not clear"

Not clear purpose of visit? I provided flight and hotel bookings and also provided an itinerary, it is clearly a tourist trip...what kind of workers are at the embassy? Do they really read documentation provided?

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Schengen visa rejected, what can I do now?

Post by Raul » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:03 am

Hello Lilith,
Im not a lawyer but as far as I know they use to give weird reason when they just dont like anything and there is no other explanation.

You should have provided the bank statement so you can be sure that is not the problem. About trying another country it is an option but not inside schengen territory as you got your visa refused already by Spain, you should appeal the visa refusal but this time with all the documents required.

When everything is provided sometimes they state that same weird reason just because you never had an overseas trip before...be warned. They check your passport as you might already know to see what other countries you visited.

You can also try to request audience at the embassy to explain your reasons or if you know anyone here you might ask for an invitation letter...btw where are you from?

Mia77

Re: Schengen visa Spain requirements

Post by Mia77 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:40 am

Im from Malaysia and just found I don't need a visa, you can check here if you need it or not and the requirements from the official website:

Schengen visa requirements for Spain
http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Portal/en/ ... trada.aspx

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Raul » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:07 am

Hello,
She indeed needs visa because already requested and got rejected, but thank you for participating and the useful information about tourist visa requirements for Spain.

I think maybe booking with agent and providing itinerary might help also.

Marc007

Post by Marc007 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:31 pm

Hello,
Having enough money in bank is very important before applying for the visa, I also know of people who booked a tour with an agent as the itinerary they provide make visa approval from Spanish embassy easier....so it should be an option to consider.

Im not sure about differences obtaining visas from different embassies and countries within the schengen area, anyone know? It would be a good point.

Lilith

Post by Lilith » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:24 pm

Thank you all,
I will try to get it working next time and let you know all if I could get it done :)

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Raul » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:25 pm

Lilith wrote:Thank you all,
I will try to get it working next time and let you know all if I could get it done :)
Good luck with it, don't forget to share your experience for helping others ;)

Lilith

Post by Lilith » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:43 am

I just got the Schengen visa approved on my second try, Im so happy :D

This time I tried from a different embassy, Spain is famous for being harder than other countries...not sure if this is real or not.

I just provided all documents they asked, if anyone have questions I will be glad to help.

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Raul » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:14 pm

Congratulations!!
I hope you enjoy your visit, and don't forget visiting Malaga! :mrgreen: