English Deutsch Español

Airport parking service without damage

Malaga airport forum: Quick answers to flights, transportation and general information about the airport.
orla
New Visitor
New Visitor

Airport parking service without damage

Post by orla » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:51 pm

Is there any parking service in Malaga Airport where one can park one's car with a reasonable chance of picking it up without a dent or damage? I have left my brand new Golf GTI with 2 different parking sevices on 3 occasions in the past two months - resulting in 3 dents/scratches. I am pretty annoyed. The first parking service was a valet parking service - as I was picking up at around 11 pm I did not see the dent in the boot and the second time the door was slightly scratched.

The second service, where they assured me the cars are not moved around and therefore it would be unlikely damage would 've caused etc, then resulted in a small dent in the side door - which I did not see until I got it home to my garage under the light. I have since read on this forum that one driver believes he can prove they do move cars around.

What are these parking services doing to the cars - if the 3 times I have used them have resulted in 3 dents/scratches in a brand new car?

What is the best place to leave a car securely? I usually go away for 4 or 5 days at a time and am happy to pay 50 euros or so - happy to leave it outside if it means there are no more dents.

Thanks

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Airport parking service without damage

Post by Raul » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:57 pm

Hello Orla,

Once I left my car in a parking...and saw how the guy who had to bring it to me did hit a column...their insurance had to take care of it and I got my car a few days after like new, I was annoyed because my car has an exclusive colour and pieces are very expensive...but it was repaired perfectly.

I recommend to take photos if needed of the car before leaving it and revise it before getting outside of the parking. They have insurance and any imperfection must be repaired by them.

There is another forum post about parkings at the airport here:

http://www.malagaweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=589

orla
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by orla » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:10 pm

Thanks Raul. But these people are supposed to be making life easier for us, surely. I live an hour outside Malaga - if I have to spend my life taking pictures, getting the company to agree to it, taking my car to and from garages, I will be spending days on this - better to park somewhere more expensive to avoid the hassle and stress. I had a friend today tell me that his car was vandalised when he did valet parking - it took him 3 weeks to get the car fixed. Between your experience, mine and my pal's it appears it is really not safe to use any of these services.

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Raul » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:29 am

Good morning,
Under my experience it is safe indeed, I had my car repaired because their insurance.

Im going to travel soon for two weeks and I plan to leave my car at the parking. I also see ferraris, lamborguinis and top class cars using some of those parking services...so I guess it is just choosing the correct service.

Never used Valet Parking but parkings I use have security camera, I can't imagine my car being vandalized :?