English Deutsch Español

Malaga airport parking

Malaga airport forum: Quick answers to flights, transportation and general information about the airport.
Russ
New Visitor
New Visitor

Malaga airport parking

Post by Russ » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:27 pm

Anybody using Easy Parking at Malaga airport should be aware that their web site information stating "secure on site parking" isn`t true.
My car is fitted with a Roadhawk video recording unit and within an hour of leaving my car in their premises it was removed to outdoor parking on the opposite side of the airport for the 12 days I was away. The video unit recorded all of the journey including registering their speed at 114kph in an 80kph zone.
When questioned, they denied moving the vehicle then stated that they were over booked!

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Airport parking

Post by Raul » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Hello Russ and welcome,

When did you leave the car there? I know most parkings used to do that a few years ago, but not now (except some of them which still doing it). I use to leave my car there and I know they sometimes move long term parking vehicles to another larger interior parking they own when they are out of space.

You are talking about the green parking outside the airport right? If you let me know your vehicle model I can ask about it.

Russ
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by Russ » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:04 pm

Raul, my car was parked at Easy Parking from 08.00 on 8th September until 21.00 on 18th September; the automatic video recording has full evidence of the date and time the vehicle was removed, a full video recording of the journey together with GPS data and shows it being taken to a outdoor parking area where it was left. There is no excuse for this, I paid for secure inside parking and was not informed that this wasn`t possible - if they were overbooked then they should not have accepted the vehicle.

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Raul » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:34 am

Good morning,
I agree with you, if someone pay for inside parking...even if they have to move the vehicle, it should still being into a parking, not outside.

But I was wondering if it´s the same parking I use, I know they move long term vehicles to other parking, but the vehicles still being inside the parking, not outside. Is it a green front parking outside the airport?

If you like send me your details by PM and I can ask about it the same day, I know people from there if we are talking about the same place.

Russ
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by Russ » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:53 am

Morning Raul
The vehilcle in question was a black Mitsubishi Montero Sport and yes we are talking about the same company, Easy Parking, Avda. García Morato 12, Málaga.

MARTINO
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by MARTINO » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:05 pm

The offer of indoor parking at the airport is all incorrect. All cars taken into these warehouses, if they have one, are then taken to open fields or other small warehouses in Churriana. Most are taken to Zapata and all in the open or makeshift bus shelter type cover. The reason is very simple. It costs fortunes to hire warehouses at the airport and 1000 sq.metres will only take 70 cars. They would have to charge up to 15 euros a day to be able to pay the rent without taking staff into account. It is all very delincuent and we have examined each and every one of these so called indoor parking services. There are even worse abuses when cars are taken over a very long distance and as far as Estepona. The rule is to check the mileage or turn up unexpected at where you left your car. If people want evidence they should visit the warehouse or carpark at the airport and find out how many square metres they have. 1000 sq. mtrs. rents at 15,000 per month minumum. You do not need to be a mathematician to find out how much they would have to charge to pay basic overheads. The moral and legality is that they should not advertise or offer something they have not got.

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Raul » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:21 am

Most of the parkings use to have one or more other places where leaving long term vehicles as space is limited. I recommend everyone who is using parking at Malaga airport to ask: Is your vehicle insured all the time?, will the vehicle be moved or parked at any other place, if so, where?

If you do not want your vehicle moved, just let it know. Some vehicle owners request their vehicle to stay where they leave it and the parking owner has the responsability to accept or decline.

Once you are picking up your vehicle, before getting it out of the parking, revise it exhaustively. Their insurance will cover anything caused during the time your vehicle was parked.

Parking included insurance requires 24h personal and recordings cams at the place where the vehicles are parked. I think that if you choose correctly, there is no special problems using parkings at Malaga airport, but as with any other service, it is a good idea to ask about any question you may have before using it.

MARTINO
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by MARTINO » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:32 pm

Your reply seems to gloss over the fact that there is no indoor parking at the aiport itself because the warehouses are too small and very expensive. You also imply incorrectly that there is a way of getting over it by insisting that it is put indoors which of course they cannot. What you have to point out is that all the advertising is false and fraudulent and taking business away from other nearby genuine indoor parking suppliers which invite people to inspect their huge premises. You also do not point out that genuine insurance for indoor and outdoor parking is very expensive and that most if not all do not have cover. Additionally, nobody has any right to drive client cars over distances without the consent of the owners and preferably take them to the places where they are in fact being taken to so that they can see what they are getting for their money. Some parking merchants are charging annual fees for indoor parking and then taking them wherever they can get space and always outdoor. You need very large warehouses over 3000 sq. mtres. to offer general indoor parking and none of them except for one at the Guadalhorce estate, have them. You cannot take money off people and park their car in a public free carpark like P3 which made fortunes for the crooks. Neither can you leave them in the streets hoping they will not be stolen or found underwater as happened when the airport flooded as it usually does. Shame on those who cover up these gruesome crimes. Suggest to people not to be taken in by cheap undercutting and check the premises and the people out beforehand.

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Raul » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:08 pm

Hi again,
Im sorry I was not thinking on parkings "at" the airport, I do not know anything about them so I can´t talk about those. I was talking about parkings located next to Malaga airport, but outside. I can only talk about what I know :)

Parkings I know are insurance covered and you can request them not to move your car, but again, those are not parkings at the airport, but next to it. Some of them have several floors.

I also can´t talk about all of them, I know 3 of them I may use for my own car, I know of people who use some of those 3 without problems, and some other people even leave their expensive sport cars (ferrari, lamgorbini...) at those parkings.

I have to say I also know parkings next to the airport I would not choose for leaving my car. That is why I said before to take special care when selecting the parking.

MARTINO
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by MARTINO » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:16 pm

I do not think you have quite got the point. Which are of those three you mention actually guarantee indoor parking and how big are them. It may well be that you are confusing the issue. I insist that apart from the one at the guadalhorce estate, there are no indoor carparks that guarantee that you car will be kept there because they are too small. I have checked all the adverts in Sur and Euroweekly and only one of them, which is the one I mentioned in an earlier reply, has enough space to cover all indoor parking. I cannot find any other and certainly at nowhere near the price that they advertise. Perhaps it time to bring the curtain down and mention names which you think are fully indoor and which offer indoor parking. Remember that 1000 sq.mtrs which sounds big, can only take 70 cars at a pinch. No carpark can pay 24 hr. staff and rental for that pittance. As for the so called outside the airport carpark you would no use - are you sure it is not the only genuine one available and which is disliked by the crooks because it takes business away from them ? As for insurance - I have asked some of them for evidence of its existance and none had them. The insurance companies will only provide cover up to a ridiculous maximum per unit well below any expensive car and only for fire. If you force them to give you cover for the hundreds of cars that would go up in flames in a small multistorey carpark, it would cost more than the rental per month. In fact when it comes to it they do not want to cover accidental damage and insist that most of the cover should be provided by the car owner´s insurance - which is not on. They do want to take on theft either. Ask them for the companies which insure them and I myself would be happy to investigate their terms. It goes without asking, that anyone who wants a thorough investigation done on any company they have doubts about, I am happy to do it for them without all those lies, for free, including a visit to the site.