English Deutsch Español

taxi/train cost from airport to La Carihuela

Malaga airport forum: Quick answers to flights, transportation and general information about the airport.
fitzykev
New Visitor
New Visitor

taxi/train cost from airport to La Carihuela

Post by fitzykev » Fri May 07, 2010 11:11 pm

hi can anyone tell me how much i will expect to pay in a taxi from the airport to La Carihuela how far is the journey and will the driver try and over charge?. is there a train to La Carihuela and how much will that cost

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Re: taxi/train cost from airport to La Carihuela

Post by Raul » Mon May 10, 2010 12:07 pm

Hi, the price for a taxi from Malaga airport is 15€ aproximately; some taxi drivers may try to get more money for the trip (one tried with me when coming to the airport from La Carihuela overcharning 2€, and there is a plus when taking a taxi at Malaga airport or train station).

There are other three options:
  • The train from Malaga airport to Torremolinos is aproximately 2€ or 3€ (I don´t know exactly), but the train stops in Torremolinos center so you will have to walk about 15 or 20 minutes. If you let me know where exactly are you going in La Carihuela I can tell you better as I live there.
  • Another option you don´t contemplate is to rent a car in Malaga. Prices are cheap and if you plan to tour the city you can save money
Hope to be of help

fitzykev
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by fitzykev » Mon May 10, 2010 9:34 pm

hi i will be staying right beside the hotel Royal Al-Andalus is that far from the train station?

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Raul » Tue May 11, 2010 9:40 am

Is not as far as I though, Royal Alandalus is in the main Torremolinos road, less than 10 minutes by foot from Torremolinos train station. Find below the walking route:

Walking route to Alandalus hotel