English Deutsch Español

New Terminal at Malaga airport

Malaga airport forum: Quick answers to flights, transportation and general information about the airport.
Hockeyboots
New Visitor
New Visitor

New Terminal at Malaga airport

Post by Hockeyboots » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:32 pm

Returned to England on 17th March 2010 through Malaga after the new terminal had been opened on 15th.
Ryanair is listed at Terminal 2, where I think the check-in desks were still operational but we were directed to go through security in the new Terminal which was a very long walk indeed, and not that easy on the new, highly-polished floor tiles. Once through security, you can take advantage of the new Duty Free shop, and other
new facilities, but basically, you still have to walk all the way back through the new Terminal 3 hall to the "old" Terminal 2
departure gates in Area C. A beautiful, spacious area, but it really was a long walk, and passengers should be aware of this in case it delays them. Does anyone know if this is going to be a permanent arrangement?

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New Terminal at Malaga airport

Post by Raul » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:17 pm

Hi and welcome!

This issue is new for me, I though the european tourists had to take the flight from the new Terminal T3 instead terminal T2, maybe it is a temporal arrangement for a few flight companies like Ryanair, but Im not sure about this.
Thank you very much for this useful information! :!:

Edited to add a blog post with telephone numbers and sms service for getting information about airlines, looks like some of them still have to move to the new terminal.
More useful information: Malaga airport T3

UPDATE
Hi there! Although the first post dates already a few months back, I believe this information will be useful for all future visitors of Malaga who haven´t passed yet through Malaga Airport since it has been expanded.

The T2 at Malaga airport is still fully operational and handles all UK low cost companies, such as Ryanair. From the new T3 are leaving only flights from British airways.

Once you have checked in at Terminal 2 you will be directed along a long corridor via a “Travelator” (this passenger conveyor belt) to Terminal 3 to clear security and enter the passenger only zone which contains the duty free shops and boarding gates. This is because these facilities in Terminal 2 currently are closed for refurbishment. Thus, this is a temporary situation, buy I am not sure how long it will last. When are travelling only with hand luggage and have already your boarding pass, you can go straight to the T3, which will save you a lot of walking.
Last edited by Raul on Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated information about Malaga airport

dorran
New Visitor
New Visitor

Re: New Terminal at Malaga airport

Post by dorran » Wed May 26, 2010 3:45 pm

Thanks for describing all the steps, I didn't know about a new terminal at the airport, this information will catch me prepared.