English Deutsch Español

No hire cars at Malaga airport??

Malaga airport forum: Quick answers to flights, transportation and general information about the airport.
ann135
New Visitor
New Visitor

No hire cars at Malaga airport??

Post by ann135 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:03 pm

I have been trying to hire a car at Malaga Airport and it seems that most companies have sold out. The only cars that appear to be available are more than double what the normal charges are. We go on 9th August and need a car for 6 days. Any suggestions?
Any help much appreciated. Thanks

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Re: No hire cars at Malaga airport??

Post by Raul » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:17 am

Hello Ann,
I have been out for holidays...Im sorry for the time taken to answer.

Well, looks like there are some problems this year to hire a car in Spain as the fleet is not beeing renewed as fast as it should...we recommend taking a look at some of the companies we have into the car hire section, or even phone them directly to find out if you can get any cheap car to hire in Malaga.

ann135
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by ann135 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:34 am

Thank you for the reply but the visit has been and gone. Eventually we managed to get something from Crown who we use most times. They transfered it down from Granada for us but we still ended up paying over double the normal rate!
I feel sure that the situation will be detrimental to the Spanish Tourist Industry which is already suffering due to the recession. Sad days!!
Hope you had a good holiday.

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Raul » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:31 am

You are right, I always recommend to hire a car ahead of time. I had problems in my vacations too because tried to rent an apartment just a few days ahead.

I hope you had great holidays in Spain :D , and remember the next time to hire a car 1 or 2 months before coming, so you can get the car reserved for you at a cheap price ;)

kate5
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by kate5 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:21 pm

You should reserve your car couple months ahead!

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Raul » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:31 am

I agree with Kate, people use to complain in summer about no car rental avaibility. If you know you will rent a car in Malaga for your holidays, my recommendation is to do this ahead of time. Malaga is a very popular destination and in summer a lot of tourist come to enjoy the weather and the beach. If all the people want to rent a car in the last minute, is possible that companies run out of cars, but if people make the online car rental reservation a few months before coming, the car rental companies will expand their fleet of cars when needed.

Remember, you are coming to a popular destination in Spain, make your planning and reservations with time ;)

Malaga holidays resources:

Car hire at Malaga airport : Many websites where renting a car in Malaga and at Malaga airport without credit card, just using a flight number.

Malaga airport transfers : Malaga airport transfers, if you are planning to come and need a private taxi for getting to your hotel we have reviewed here the best airport transfers websites.

I think those resources listed above will help in making your reservation ahead of time without problems.