English Deutsch Español

Brians Rent Car in Benalmadena

Post your car rental review or read reviews posted by customers, find the best car rental company by comparing opinions in our forum.
Forum rules
Only identified forum members can post reviews and opinion about any car hire company so your experience can help others to decide.

Please do not spam, post false reviews or advertise a car rental website in our forum!
Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Brian Rent Car in Benalmadena

Post by Raul » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:02 pm

This thread is being closed if continues this way, it is becoming a chat and that is not the purpose of this forum.

I'm deleting repetitive posts, again this is not a chat, the purpose is informative and business owners or representatives are more than welcome to answer to complaints. Positive or negative reviews and/or answers are welcome only if they are respectful .

We do not allow the posting of private conversations and posts repeating the same.

RonnieMc
New Visitor
New Visitor

Brian Rent a Car

Post by RonnieMc » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:15 pm

Spain is full of loads of rental companies, my family have been going to Malaga for 20 years and have used everyone, we started using Brians Rent a Car 8 years ago and have never regreted it, they are a small company and are prepared to go the extra mile, they give the option to go fully comp or not so people moaning they lost their deposit are just too cheap to take out the extra insurance or arent inteligent enough to understand insurancew or they work for another car hire and are posting negative comments about every other car hire to attempt to get more business,

With any car hire there are terms and conditions, read them and then you will see what protection you have, but to be ignorant and then moan when its your fault is just plain silly

I must say this topic seems very dodgey, what you people are saying is outright theft and if it was true you could go straight to the police and report it, either you are another car hire trying cheap common tactics to undermine Brians rent a car or you simply cant understand that if you dont get fully comp insurance and want the cheaper rate then you are not covered against damage and the deposit covers it, My family and I have used brians for 10 years and if they were doing this they never would of survived so long,

Ronnie
Last edited by Raul on Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mixed two posts sent by the same user

snow6oy
Returning Visitor
Returning Visitor

Post by snow6oy » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:06 pm

The best way to resolve these differences is through arbitration. The arbitration service in Spain is provided by Oficinas Municipales de Información al Consumidor or OMIC. Anyone who is interested in submitting a joint complaint about Brian's Rent A Car should send me a private message. I can't promise a return of your deposit, but I will reply. Thanks.

arroyacarhire
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by arroyacarhire » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:30 am

The majority of carhire clients take out CDW insurance due to the high risk of damage to the car from parking damage and general knocks even when you are not in the car. Under hire contract you are liable for any damage to the car even if you did not cause the damage ( other than where you can provide the details of the person and then third party insurance will cover the cost.
We at Briansrentacar has always refunded deposits unless there is a damage cost involved and in ALL of these cases we provide a certified phot of the damage and independant repair cost.
There are unfortunately clients who do dispute the cost even in the case of proven damage.
We are advising all our clients to take out CDW in 2012 .

margaretL
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by margaretL » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:24 pm

malagafan wrote:Well here is another very bad review to add to the collection. I hope that someone else will find it useful ;)
This is the beauty of the global communication...we can reach the world in few clicks helping each other and stopping dishonest people!

Lets start from the beginning...
I've hired a car this summer from a small company located in Benalmadena called "Briansrentacar". This company is managed by a very kind and helpful english man (that's how it looks at the beginning).
Well I've had no problem with them until I've been back at home.
After this moment they have shown a complete indifference for their customer (me!) and they have not refunded back my security deposit.

I've had to call them a lot of times just to listen to an "exotic" excuse after another...and with the last call he also hung up on me! :roll:
This is what can ruin a great holiday!

You're warned...it's better by foot than on brian's wheels :lol:
Briansrentacar/// I live in Spain and have used them for many years, I have always received my deposit back after the hire as I have never damaged the car.
They are friendly efficient and personal and I would strongly recommend them for all car hire.
Margaret

arroyacarhire
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by arroyacarhire » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:23 am

djmassemass wrote:OUTRIGHT FRAUD! BLATANT RIP OFF THEY WILL CREATE A PROBLEM AND THEN STEAL YOUR DEPOSIT!
JOIN US TO MAKE DENOUNCES AS WE ARE GOING THROUGH LEGAL CHANNELS TO MAKE THEM LOOSE THEIR TRADING LICENSES.

My name is Mr Walton. I hired a car from them and also introduced 2 other work colleagues almost at the same time so there are three separate contracts that I am talking about so there is simply no question on this company!

I needed a car so rented a car from them and after I had paid a months rent and a 250 Euro deposit over the phone and they was delivering the car to me at an Address in Calahonda. I was not told at any time that they keep the deposit of 250 euros for 2 weeks AFTER until they are sure from Traffico that there are no outstanding speeding fines! I had already paid them before they let me know this. When he delivered the car I sat in the car with this man and felt A BIT CONNED but in need of a car and knowing any devolution would take 3 days in the banks and I needed a car on that day, I went ahead.

They have stolen all three of our deposits, saying that the cars had been damaged when they had not been damaged at all!

Last week I ended my contract with them one week early, and this is when they have done to me. We agreed to meet at the departures lounge at the airport. When the woman turned up she ranted in the street that I have to follow her in her car approx 1km away to their office to drop the car off. I was not going to do that as the agreement was to meet at departures lounge and that's where I was.

In the end they gave me no other alternative, I left the car parked outside the airport, as I walk away she came back got into the car and drove it back to her office which she should have just done in the first place. After shouting and screaming at me in public I was not going to do anything for her and \I had my flight to catch.

They have now come up with outright lies and stolen blatantly from me and the others at my company. So we are going to do something about it, and if you would like to add to our complaints then you are welcome If a company receives a number of complaints in any one year they can have their license suspended whilst being investigated. If found out to be committing fraud they can be in serious trouble.

What you can do about them if you have gone through the same is this? They! by law, must provide you with an official complaint form called Junta De Andalusia complaints from. If they do not give it to you it is an offense and you may call the local police for assistance. It must be filled in. Please contact me for any help here as ours was done very simply.

We are now all going through the legal route and we invite other affected people to help us bring this companies wrong doing to the public eye. Fortuitously we know our rights and are working on it right now. Please contact me personally if you can add any genuine denounces to ours. The best way to fight the scum here is with fire!
This post is from Nichols Walton who returned the car with shortage of petrol,collection fee and a dent on the side of the car. He refused to inspect the car on his return from England and also refused to pay for the 40 euro petrol and collection fee. He was refunded the balance of his deposit and sent a certified photo of the damage and independant repair cost. The other friend he mentioned had speeding fines which he refused to pay and the third friend had damaged the car in 3 places.
Nichols has threatened us swore at us and now is posting his untrue version on all Forums to blackmail the company. Sadly there are a few carhire cowboys like him this past year and they all like to post on Forums their side of the problem.

djmassemass
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by djmassemass » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:19 pm

stewarthall01 wrote:
snow6oy wrote:Here's a similar report from Karen Gibbard, Redditch, UK
“ car rental with brians rent a car ”
13 July 2011, 21:47

Please anyone who is looking for car rental in benalmadena spain near malaga do not use brains rent a car they will rip you off and keep your depsoit saying you have done damage when you haven't.

they have done this to loads of people, don't make yourself the next victim of there con..... Pass it on ..
originally posted at:
http://www.tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g18 ... lucia.html

Thanks to Karen for speaking up.
I have read these postings and are surprised to read these people had problems with http://www.Briansrentacar.com of Arroya, I have hired with this company for 9 years and my deposit was returned every time but once last year. The car was parked in Supersol and when I returned 2 panels were scratched. I contacted Brians and they told me it would be sorted after I returned the car at the airport. When I returned the car the girl from Brians told me most clients try hide damage or deny liability trying to avoid paying the cost of repair.
They sent me photos of the damage and told me the repair cost was 180 euro plus 40 euro for their costs. 30 euro balance was repayed to my credit card within 2 weeks.
Since this experience I take out crash DAMAGE WAIVER which costs 49 euro one week or 75 euro 2 weeks and now I have no problem with damage to the car.
I have recomended Brians to all my clients renting my apartment and they pay the CDW and are very happy with the service they provide.
Stewart Hall
There are people affiliated to the company that are trying to hide their involvement with this discussion. This company is sad and desperate to steal from clients. Too many people saying the same story to be a lie right!

Still People are smart enough now days so anyone reading this story just stay away from them completely and do yourself a MASSIVE FAVOR!

montypython123
Returning Visitor
Returning Visitor

Post by montypython123 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:19 pm

Raul wrote:
I know from my experience people can post reviews that are not true. Any person claiming Briansrentacar is avoiding return of deposit fraudulently should contact the Police.
Welcome Stewart,
From my experience i also know not the 100% of the reviews reflect the reality of a company, website or service. I dont know about Brians rent a car, never used it, so I can't give my opinion about them.

I always recommend to check reviews, but taking in consideration other factors like number of positive and negative reviews, what kind of problem the reviewer had? had many of the reviewers the same problem? and if so, would I be ok If I have it too?

I know of car rental websites with 98% positive reviews, and the negative ones warn other people not to use them, a big contrast...It is impossible to provide a perfect service for everyone, that's for sure. But at least we should expect the company to try it.

Well this is a not related post to Brians rent a car, but feel like posting it
Hi Raul, Briansrentacar have 7 negative clients that are posting on your web which on the number of clients they contract is less than 1% and I am sure Mr Walton is posting under different alias.

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Raul » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:52 am

montypython123 wrote: Hi Raul, Briansrentacar have 7 negative clients that are posting on your web which on the number of clients they contract is less than 1% and I am sure Mr Walton is posting under different alias.
I know as I said that it is impossible to satisfy 100% of customers, for me that is clear as water.

The forum already checks for repetitive IPs...all I ask is the people using the same network should be identified in the message if they represent the company. Any review found using the same IP will be deleted and the username banned, anyone is welcome to let us know using the warn option from the post.

As informative note for everyone, as I still receiving posts I can't approve:

-Im not approving more posts from users sharing the same IP range unless they are identified in the message body as representatives of the business. Messages coming from the same IP range for reviews (negative or postivive) will be just ignored and the usernames sharing the IP banned.

-And as I already said, posting personal information or private conversations is not allowed...those posts won't be approved.

I have created a guideline for car rental reviews everyone should follow.

montypython123
Returning Visitor
Returning Visitor

Post by montypython123 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:48 pm

Snowboy is copying somebody else opinion i.e. Karen Gibbard which I thought was against Malaga Web rules, he can post whatever he wishes whether true of false but I beleive Paul & Karen Gibbard removed their post on trip adviser as Briansrentacar took libel action against them. Snowboy should stick to his own lies.
Jason Wood has NEVER hired a car with Briansrentacar he is the Manager of a Tele Sales deck in Las Chapas where 3 of his colleagues hired cars and all of which were damaged short of petrol or had speeding fines.What does that tell you about the character of Jason Wood and his colleagues who will post lies to attack Briansrentacar.
Briansrentacar has changed its policy in Spain to hire only to people over 35 years of age to avoid the problems where cars are damaged during hire then of course people like Nicholas Walton etc who do not want to pay CDW insurance and say they did not cause the damage so they do not want to pay the cost.