English Deutsch Español

Brians Rent Car in Benalmadena

Post your car rental review or read reviews posted by customers, find the best car rental company by comparing opinions in our forum.
Forum rules
Only identified forum members can post reviews and opinion about any car hire company so your experience can help others to decide.

Please do not spam, post false reviews or advertise a car rental website in our forum!
Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Brian Rent Car in Benalmadena

Post by Raul » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:54 am

I know from my experience people can post reviews that are not true. Any person claiming Briansrentacar is avoiding return of deposit fraudulently should contact the Police.
Welcome Stewart,
From my experience i also know not the 100% of the reviews reflect the reality of a company, website or service. I dont know about Brians rent a car, never used it, so I can't give my opinion about them.

I always recommend to check reviews, but taking in consideration other factors like number of positive and negative reviews, what kind of problem the reviewer had? had many of the reviewers the same problem? and if so, would I be ok If I have it too?

I know of car rental websites with 98% positive reviews, and the negative ones warn other people not to use them, a big contrast...It is impossible to provide a perfect service for everyone, that's for sure. But at least we should expect the company to try it.

Well this is a not related post to Brians rent a car, but feel like posting it

stewarthall01
New Visitor
New Visitor

Re: Brians rentacar in Benalmadena

Post by stewarthall01 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:56 pm

Raul wrote:Hi Malagafan!, welcome to the forum.

Im so sorry about your experience, but I loved the way you exposed it :D
You are right, Internet make us able to post our experiences, sometimes good experiences and sometimes bad ones, but Im pretty sure every experience can help many other people looking for information.

Again thank you for sharing it with us, and you are welcome to share any other experience in Malaga, let´s hope a good one! ;)
There should be some recourse to people who post on your web statements that are untrue.
Briansrentacar have never put the phone down on their clients and always justify with photos if the cars are returned damaged

Stewart Hall

stewarthall01
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by stewarthall01 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:33 pm

The Forum seems to encourage negative posts re carhire apart from the companies they advertise.
I and hundreds of my clients have used Briansrentacar of Arroyo de la Miel for several years and have always resolved damaged vehicles with fair costs. They always notify clients and send photographs where cars are returned with damage.
There are dishonest clients who try avoid payment by disputing damage but all carhire companies have this type of client.
All my clients now take out full CDW insurance for 7 euro per day and are guarranteed refund of deposit.
Stewart Hall

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Raul » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:14 am

stewarthall01 wrote:The Forum seems to encourage negative posts re carhire apart from the companies they advertise.
I and hundreds of my clients have used Briansrentacar of Arroyo de la Miel for several years and have always resolved damaged vehicles with fair costs. They always notify clients and send photographs where cars are returned with damage.
There are dishonest clients who try avoid payment by disputing damage but all carhire companies have this type of client.
All my clients now take out full CDW insurance for 7 euro per day and are guarranteed refund of deposit.
Stewart Hall
Which forum Stewart? this one?...I do not encourage anyone to post anything, I just review the post as we do not allow personal information, that´s all. In what you base to say that we encourage negative car hire reviews?
stewarthall01 wrote:There should be some recourse to people who post on your web statements that are untrue.
Briansrentacar have never put the phone down on their clients and always justify with photos if the cars are returned damaged
The availability from other customers and from the company itself to answer (as they did)...that is the way forums work.
stewarthall01 wrote:...and Raul seems pleased to print bad reviews whether true or false.
I approve posts when are good written and without any personal information. If there are no positive reviews is because they have not been sent by other visitors. If Im pleased to approve only negative reviews, then why am I approving your posts?

It is impossible to provide a perfect service for everyone, that is clear as water. I think anyone reading the forum will get the idea that you are happy with Brian´s service. Please remember this is not a chat, try to write your thoughs in the less posts possible and let others answer. Thanks.

snow6oy
Returning Visitor
Returning Visitor

Post by snow6oy » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:20 pm

So reading through this thread, the only statements that recommend Brian's rent a car are from stewarthall01, gloria4321 and DaveB (of Brian's rent a car). Does anyone else think it's suspicious that "Stewart" and "Gloria" have only ever posted to this thread, are both from the same location and both joined within 2 days of each other?

Will the real owner of Brian's rent a car please stand up :roll:

djmassemass
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by djmassemass » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:18 pm

OUTRIGHT FRAUD! BLATANT RIP OFF THEY WILL CREATE A PROBLEM AND THEN STEAL YOUR DEPOSIT!
JOIN US TO MAKE DENOUNCES AS WE ARE GOING THROUGH LEGAL CHANNELS TO MAKE THEM LOOSE THEIR TRADING LICENSES.

My name is Mr Walton. I hired a car from them and also introduced 2 other work colleagues almost at the same time so there are three separate contracts that I am talking about so there is simply no question on this company!

I needed a car so rented a car from them and after I had paid a months rent and a 250 Euro deposit over the phone and they was delivering the car to me at an Address in Calahonda. I was not told at any time that they keep the deposit of 250 euros for 2 weeks AFTER until they are sure from Traffico that there are no outstanding speeding fines! I had already paid them before they let me know this. When he delivered the car I sat in the car with this man and felt A BIT CONNED but in need of a car and knowing any devolution would take 3 days in the banks and I needed a car on that day, I went ahead.

They have stolen all three of our deposits, saying that the cars had been damaged when they had not been damaged at all!

Last week I ended my contract with them one week early, and this is when they have done to me. We agreed to meet at the departures lounge at the airport. When the woman turned up she ranted in the street that I have to follow her in her car approx 1km away to their office to drop the car off. I was not going to do that as the agreement was to meet at departures lounge and that's where I was.

In the end they gave me no other alternative, I left the car parked outside the airport, as I walk away she came back got into the car and drove it back to her office which she should have just done in the first place. After shouting and screaming at me in public I was not going to do anything for her and \I had my flight to catch.

They have now come up with outright lies and stolen blatantly from me and the others at my company. So we are going to do something about it, and if you would like to add to our complaints then you are welcome If a company receives a number of complaints in any one year they can have their license suspended whilst being investigated. If found out to be committing fraud they can be in serious trouble.

What you can do about them if you have gone through the same is this? They! by law, must provide you with an official complaint form called Junta De Andalusia complaints from. If they do not give it to you it is an offense and you may call the local police for assistance. It must be filled in. Please contact me for any help here as ours was done very simply.

We are now all going through the legal route and we invite other affected people to help us bring this companies wrong doing to the public eye. Fortuitously we know our rights and are working on it right now. Please contact me personally if you can add any genuine denounces to ours. The best way to fight the scum here is with fire!
Last edited by Raul on Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Email removed due privacy reasons

jasonasset
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by jasonasset » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:57 pm

Please do not hire a car from these people ,

Myself and 3 others have hired cars from here in the last 3 months and not one of us have had our deposits returned..not sure
they know we all work for the same company ,

After countless calls i gave up and it wasnt untill my colleagues spoke about them we all realised we had been conned by the
same company , Im sure you have all hurd the same story "we have over 5 thousand happy clients ect "

WHAT A JOKE !!!!!!!

There is only one way to deal with shameless cowboys like this and thats through the courts and we will
be encouraging everyone to join us and stop these people trading on our hard earnt money !

Good luck every one in your fight againts what i see to be the worlds worst car hire company !

Arroyacarstoday
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by Arroyacarstoday » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:06 pm

Car Hire Cowboys
When you hire a car you are liable for damage to the glass, wheels, interior and bodywork unless you take out CDW insurance.
Nichols Walton hired from Briansrentacar before Christmas on the 21st Dec I met him at departures to collect the car and when I asked him to follow me 3 minutes drive to park the car and I would drive him back to departures he became aggressive and started to shout and swear at me, I called the parking police and he ran into the airport and left the car .
When we inspected the car it was short of petrol at a cost of 20 euro, (had to be the same level as delivered to him) there was a dent on the body, which will cost of 90 euro and 20 euro collection fee. I sent a text him to advice him and we refunded the balance of his deposit to his credit card.
We emailed him a certified photo of the dent and independent repair cost and told him to contact us on his return from England as he lived in Spain so he could inspect the damage. We received emails from him calling us scumbags, thieves and other abusive comments and he refused to inspect the car. We have sent his emails to Guardia Civil.
We have around 2000 car hire contracts per year and sadly a number of these Car Hire cowboys who damage the car and then dispute the cost of repair. We send certified photos and independent repair costs in all cases to justify any cost involved in all cases
Gilyann

montypython123
Returning Visitor
Returning Visitor

Post by montypython123 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:00 pm

snow6oy wrote:Hi all,

I wish I had read these warnings earlier. My story is exactly the same as yours. The car was returned last week and they have declined to honor the deposit. They have even contradicted each other on the phone as to what "damage" I am alleged to have caused. As I live in Spain it's possible I may pursue this. Particular if there are a few of us with documentary evidence who are willing to share the legal costs. Please send me a private message if you are interested.

Regards
Dear Snowboy, If you are alleged to have caused is it not the truth you were asked to return to the office after you had dropped the car in Arroya to inspect the damage but you did not show up. You were sent certified photo of the damage with date and time of the phot so it could not have been invented and you also had the plan of the car before you hired that you signed to say at that time the car did not have the damage you now want to dispute.
My daughter Monica dealt with your case..........Paul Banks

montypython123
Returning Visitor
Returning Visitor

Post by montypython123 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:42 pm

My daughter Monica has worked for this company 6 years and enjoys the friendly clients who return year after year. This company has traded 22 years and I must point out the 99% of clients that are happy with the company and service have no interest to post on Forums, the majority of people posting are attacking the company with obviously their point of view. This can be right or wrong but if it is to discredit the company it causes damage which may not be the true story. Nobody wants to pay additional cost of damage or fines on their car hire but the majority pay the cost as it is always explained with phot evidence and independant repair costs.
22 years of trading speaks for itself.