English Deutsch Español

Alba Car Rentals

Post your car rental review or read reviews posted by customers, find the best car rental company by comparing opinions in our forum.
Forum rules
Only identified forum members can post reviews and opinion about any car hire company so your experience can help others to decide.

Please do not spam, post false reviews or advertise a car rental website in our forum!
rtaylor
New Visitor
New Visitor

Alba Car Rentals

Post by rtaylor » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:29 pm

I recently rented a car from Alba Cars of Malaga (Albacars.com) and was very disappointed in the process of booking the car and in the car we received. We booked a Ford Focus or similar but received a Fiesta. On challenging this we were told that there were no other cars and that if we contacted their management on our return we could be refunded the difference. On doing this and on leaving many messages and emails we received absolutely no reply and finally gave up. I can only assume that this is a common way of taking excessive money for lower category cars which I believe to be a con. I would never use Alba Cars again and would advise others not to use them.

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Alba Car Rentals

Post by Raul » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:54 pm

Hi and welcome to our forum!,
Im sorry about your bad experience. I have never used Albacars neither anyone I know so I can´t give you my experience about them.
I can tell you the car hire Malaga companies we work with, can be trusted and they hear your thoughs and suggerences. For me its important the support, and not to leave emails or calls without an answer.

I hope this issue will not make you change your mind if planed to come again to Malaga ;) . Give a try to other car rental company like one of our list, and you won´t be dissapointed.

rtaylor
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by rtaylor » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:35 am

Thank you for your reply. One of the most frustrating problems with renting in Malaga is that you have to fill out all the forms for 30mins plus, creating long waits. Do any of your recomended companies take the information online leaving you only to pay, sign and leave with the car quickly?

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Albacars Rentals

Post by Raul » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:48 pm

Hi!,
I have asked about this issue to the malagaweb team, and in Malagacar.com as example, you have the option to fill the form online with all the needed information, they will be waiting for you at airport arrivals for getting you to the car rental desk where you will have to fill just a few more details as you previously did. I can provide a screenshot if you like :)

robertandrews
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by robertandrews » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:01 pm

hi

I am new to the forum but have found it really interesting I travel down regularly and have tried a number of different ones but never Alba although my last couple of rentals have been with Malagacar through hirecarsinspain and found them to be great and unlike a lot of them you can pick up half full of fuel and return the car half full of fuel. Although bit of pain they are not in the arrivals hall actually worked out better as I didn't have to queue like with Goldcar etc.
So heres hoping I have found a decent company.
hope this helps :)

Robert

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Raul » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:34 pm

Thank you Robert for sharing your experience and welcome to the forum!
So we are now a few of people recommending Malagacar :)

rossharley
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by rossharley » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:03 pm

I hired a car from Alba Car rentals at Malaga airport from 13th Oct to 20th Oct. The arrangement was to pay a rental of 139 Euros and a returnable deposit of 170 Euros. Despite returning the car as arranged with no damage the deposit was not returned. Because the deposit was taken as a chip and pin transaction the credit card company cannot dispute the payment. My advice would be not to use Alba Cars - their retention of this deposit was dishonest. If you use Alba Cars (or any other firm) do not leave a deposit with a chip and pin transaction. The usual arrangement at more reputable firms is to take a card swipe.

Ramey
New Visitor
New Visitor

Re: Alba Car Rental

Post by Ramey » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:53 am

Do NOT hire a car from Alba cars online before you go.

We got a very cheap quote (50 euros), didn't pay any deposit and when we arrived there was no car. Strangely, lots of other men nearby offered us a car for double the price. We did not accept, but were then unable to find any other available cars for anything less than 140 euros for 3 days.

My advice; book with a well-known company and pay before you go.
Last edited by Raul on Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Post moved to the correct topic and changed title

aew1
New Visitor
New Visitor

Re: Albacars.com

Post by aew1 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:28 pm

ALBA CARS - FAILURE TO REFUND SECURITY DEPOSITS
I concur with the experience of non-refund of security deposit by ALABCARS. I also hired a car from Alba Cars at Malaga Airport in November 2009 , and paid the "excess " of Euros 200 by Visa card demanded " for any damage , or fuel problems" . The car was returned with a full fuel tank and undamaged . A receipt of satisfactory return was signed by their staff with a promise to refund the deposit later. After three months, there has been no refund , nor any response whatsoever to numerous emails, and a letter .
This is dishonest and damaging to the tourist industry of Spain .
I would welcome comment and advice from the Malaga forum .

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Albacars.com

Post by Raul » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:07 pm

aew1 wrote:ALBA CARS - FAILURE TO REFUND SECURITY DEPOSITS
I concur with the experience of non-refund of security deposit by ALABCARS. I also hired a car from Alba Cars at Malaga Airport in November 2009 , and paid the "excess " of Euros 200 by Visa card demanded " for any damage , or fuel problems" . The car was returned with a full fuel tank and undamaged . A receipt of satisfactory return was signed by their staff with a promise to refund the deposit later. After three months, there has been no refund , nor any response whatsoever to numerous emails, and a letter .
This is dishonest and damaging to the tourist industry of Spain .
I would welcome comment and advice from the Malaga forum .
Im so sorry about this issue. As I said before, I have never experienced to rent a car with Alba car, so I have no first hand opinion on this.
My advise is when renting a car, to use the fuel provided as most car rental companies as far as I know rent the car with full or half fuel tank policy; I can recommend also to use any of the car hire companies we propose:
Malaga car hire reviews and links.

Again Im sorry about your bad experience, I hope you enjoyed at least your holidays in Malaga :)

Malagacar.com

Malaga airport transfers