English Deutsch Español

Alba Car Rentals

Post your car rental review or read reviews posted by customers, find the best car rental company by comparing opinions in our forum.
Forum rules
Only identified forum members can post reviews and opinion about any car hire company so your experience can help others to decide.

Please do not spam, post false reviews or advertise a car rental website in our forum!
vesterju
New Visitor
New Visitor

Re: Alba Car Rentals

Post by vesterju » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:31 pm

We also rented a car from Alba Cars of Malaga (Albacars.com) on May 2010. We booked a Ford Focus for 8 days. After one day driving the car engine went broken on the mountain area close to Malaga. After 6 hours waiting on the road and having called for nothing to Alba Cars several times to arrange some road assistance to come to check the car we at least got contact to one assistance car to come and have on-site inspection. The outcome was that the car was so badly broken (no electricity) and according to Alba Cars had to transfer back to Malaga, where we could get a new similar car in place of that broken one. There were no similar car, only a small Seat. Because it was already late hours we accepted this Seat. The staff promised to refund the difference (158 eur) in renting prices when returning the car. On doing this we were told that there will be no refund and we should contact management to get the refund later. After having send many emails we have received absolutely no reply up to date. After having read the stories written here one cannot do anything but wonder how this kind of behaviour can drag on and on? Should the car renting industry in Malaga do something by themselves to clean up those kind of dishonest operators out of the business?

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Raul » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:29 pm

After having read the stories written here one cannot do anything but wonder how this kind of behaviour can drag on and on? Should the car renting industry in Malaga do something by themselves to clean up those kind of dishonest operators out of the business?
Hi and welcome vesterju!

I guess car rental companies can do nothing, that is the customer who have to complain to authorities or to the Spanish car rental organizations. One person maybe make no noise, but if there are a few...measures would be taken, and this solution works for every problem.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

suze
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by suze » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:37 pm

I have just returned from Spain. I had booked a Zafira car with Alba cars in Sept 09 for our trip in Aug 2010. When we arrived at the airport we could not find a representative from Alba ( as promised) anywhere! We asked another car hire rep if he knew where we could find Alba cars. He said his friend worked for them and he would ring him for us. After a conversation with Ferdinand Alba, his friend, we were told that the people using the car before us wanted it for an extra week, so there was no car available! There was nothing we could do. Our only option was to traul the car hire desks at the airport for a similar sized car. Luckily, Hertz found us an estate car at a brilliant price, thank god! DO NOT BOOK WITH ALBA CARS, THEY ARE UNRELIABLE!!!! This nearly spoilt our holiday not to mention the stress it caused.

clarkden
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by clarkden » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:01 am

I think so they provide the worst service ever , my friend also face problem by
using there Car.

Clarkden
Last edited by Raul on Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No links allowed

Gustav
New Visitor
New Visitor

Albacars ripoff

Post by Gustav » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:49 pm

I rented a car June 24 2013. Paid a deposit of 210 euro. After returning the car at Malaga airport 29 June I was told they would refund the money to my Mastecard. Today, august 15 I still haven't recieved my money. So watch out for Albacars and Goldcars.

RichardR32

Opinion Albacars

Post by RichardR32 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:31 pm

I have rented cars from Alba cars
For the last four years and I never had any trouble whatsoever.
You are met at the airport arrivals hall sign the forms and the car is one minute away and off you go
I always point out any previous damage to the car before I take it then video the car in the presence of the agent and honestly have always been happy with them.

Malagacar.com

Visit Malaga Forum

Malaga airport transfers