English Deutsch Español

How getting from airport to Albergue in Carihuela

Introduce yourself or chat about anything in our general forum.
slkuns
New Visitor
New Visitor

How getting from airport to Albergue in Carihuela

Post by slkuns » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:22 pm

I will be arriving at the Malaga airport with a large suitcase and a small carry-on, both on wheels. I am familiar with how to take the train from the airport to Torremolinos. I am also familiar with walking on the Paseo from Bajondillo Beach to the yacht harbor in Benalmadena. I have taken also the Benalmadena Costa bus near the Torremolinos coastal train station all the way to Benalmadena. I am wondering what the easiest way would be for me to get to the

Albergue Inturjoven de la Música, located at:

Avda. Carlota Alessandri, 127
29620 Torremolinos (Málaga)

I understand it is in just past Carihuela. I am thinking it might be easier to walk down Calle San Miguel from the Torremolinos train station, take the elevator to the beach level and walk on the paseo past Carihuela. I don't know what street to turn off the paseo on to reach the hostel. Do you know which street it would be? It might be difficult to manage the suitcases on and off of the Benalmadena Costa bus, but I also do not know what street I would ask to be let off, if I did. Do you think it is best to take the train one more stop to Montemart? I have never stopped at the station. Can you tell me how to get to the Albergue Inturjoven from there? What do you think is the best way to get there? I am not very interested in taking a cab, but if the other ways are too complicated I could take a cab from Torremolinos to the Albergue. What do you suggest?

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How do I get from the airport to Carihuela

Post by Raul » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:38 am

Hello,
I think I have seen that place by walking from Benalmadena to Torremolinos from the main road.

I would recommend the Montemar train station instead walking from Calle San Miguel which is too far. Another option is taking a bus from Torremolinos centre.

From Montemar, head to the beach side until you reach the main road, once there just turn right until you see the music building on your left (there is a sign, at least I remember so)

Click on the link below to see the walking route from Montemar train station, it is very easy if you print the map to follow it while walking:
http://goo.gl/maps/i4St7