English Deutsch Español

New Years Eve

Introduce yourself or chat about anything in our general forum.
robbiedolittle
New Visitor
New Visitor

New Years Eve

Post by robbiedolittle » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:42 pm

Hi. Father and adult son coming to Benalmadena from Canada for holidays and will be there New Years Eve. We are looking for options regarding a place to celebrate with the locals and other tourists. Any suggestions?
Also I would like to take the bus from the airport to the hotel which is on Av de Antonio Machado. I have a few hours before my son arrives and want to try and navigate the area on my own without taxi or car-hire. And I don't speak a word of Spanish. Any suggestions for this also? I am very excited to visit Spain for the first time.

Thank you...... Rob

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New Years Eve

Post by Raul » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:06 am

Hi and welcome Rob!
Where in Canada are you from?, I always wanted to visit that country :)

About New Year´s Eve, you can celebrate it at most of the main squares at each munincipality. As example, you can check the video below which is a New Year´s eve celebration in Coin, Malaga (interior white village)
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... +year+coin

You can check on youtube for other celebrations in Malaga, so you can decide where would you like to go ;)

About the bus from Malaga airport to Benalmadena, its a little bit complicated...the only bus to that area is outside the airport. You have to go straight to the South, and there is a bus stop under the bridge. Another option is to take a bus or train (last stop) to Malaga city center (muelle Heredia bus station) from Malaga airport and take a bus to Benalmadena from there.

My recommendation would be to take a taxi or to hire a car, Benalmadena as you can see will bring you some headaches if you choose the bus. However it is possible to do, let me know if need some indications in a map.

robbiedolittle
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by robbiedolittle » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:09 pm

Hi Raul. Thanks so much for responding with great information. I think I will take a taxi from the airport to the hotel and explore the bus when my son arrives, a few hours after me. I am coming from Toronto and he is flying down from London. We are very excited to be coming to Spain, my 1st visit there.

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Raul » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:01 am

You are welcome!
Weather was excellent until the last weekend, however its not much cold but rainy days lately.
How many days will you stay in Malaga? Mabe I can recommend some visits depending on how long will you stay ;)

I hope you enjoy your visit to Spain :D , and don´t forget to share your experience with us!

Due to google indexing incorrectly I see the need to indicate the latest relevant topic:
viewtopic.php?t=911

We recommend using Bing when searching for improved results.

Malagacar.com

Visit Malaga Forum

Malaga airport transfers