English Deutsch Español

Carmen Teresa hotel

Introduce yourself or chat about anything in our general forum.
riddler
New Visitor
New Visitor

Carmen Teresa hotel

Post by riddler » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:03 pm

Hi all.
First post and I am looking for help on two accounts.
My wife and I are arriving wed 30th June staying seven nights at the Carmen Teresa Hotel, Avda carlota alexandri and we would like to know the nearest train station to the hotel and is it walkable.
On Sunday 4th July we celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary and I am looking for a restaurant for a memorable meal,I prefer seafood and my wife meat.We also require a good spanish bar to finish up in, where any of you who happen to be in la carihuela will be welcome to join us.
Many thanks and kindest regards
John and Pat.
Last edited by Raul on Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to Malaga accommodation

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Carmen Teresa hotel

Post by Raul » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:32 pm

Hello and welcome to this forum!
Well, depending on your luggage it can be walkable from the train station to La Carihuela. Carmen Teresa hotel is almost between Pinillo and Torremolinos train station. Walking without luggage from Torremolinos train station can take up to 20 minutes. I would recommend a taxi transfer from Malaga airport, which can cost about 15 or 20€, or taking a taxi from Torremolinos center.

About a nice restaurant, I recommend the Mango restaurant, located in front of the beach and next to the Pez Espada Hotel. I went there in the 2009 summer with a friend, with live piano music and a very romantic and relaxing ambient; I prefer meat as your wife so ordered a steak "Solomillo", while my friend ordered a golden fish "Dorada", both excellent. Once finished you can walk along the promenade to the Puerto Marina port and find a spanish bar while walking.

Below is the Map and street view from the Mango restaurant in La Carihuela I live in La Carihuela, and I personally like that restaurant, however there are many other restaurants along the promenade, so you can always have a walk and decide for yourself ;)
I hope to be of help, and congratulations for your 40th aniversary!

riddler
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by riddler » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:10 pm

Many thanks for your swift and informative reply.
The taxi from the airport sounds good.I will research bars and restaurants in the carihuela and keep you informed as to our final choice.
Once again many thanks and kind regards.
John and Pat.

riddler
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by riddler » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:29 pm

Hi Raul.
We could not get booked in at the Carmen Teresa so had to settle for the Don Paquito instead.To get to the Cariheula I assume that we have to walk down to the seafront and turn right.. Also would be grateful of any info regarding area of Don Paquito.
Regards John and Pat.

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Raul » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:14 am

Hi John and Pat,
You are right, from hotel Don Paquito you have to head to the sea and walk by the promenade, to the right is Puerto Marina and the restaurant I told you about, and to the left is La Carihuela and Playamar.
I have been in the Carmen Teresa hotel, but not in Don Paquito. I hope you can post here a review here the next time and tell us about your experience :)

Best regards,
Raul

KCCortez
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by KCCortez » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:14 pm

You are right, from hotel Don Paquito you have to head to the sea and walk by the promenade, to the right is Puerto Marina and the restaurant I told you about, and to the left is La Carihuela and Playamar. I have been in the Carmen Teresa hotel, but not in Don Paquito. I hope you can post here a review here the next time and tell us about your experience :)
We are planning our first trip to Malaga and the Carmen Teresa Hotel sounds wonderful with great location. Would love to see a review also from someone who stayed here...thanks much.

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Raul » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:25 am

Hi and welcome!
I have been there for a weekend in February 2009, and what I liked the most is that the hotel is close to the beach and to the restaurant I liked (Mango restaurant).
I can´t talk positive neither negative as I only stayed in the hotel for sleeping, but my experience was not bad. Well...while searching the advertising for the hotel in Internet I remember I readed something about fantastic sea views....and not really, you can see the sea a little, but not at all. The hotel is 1 minute walking from the promenade and 10 minutes from Puerto Marina, A great option if you ask me.

PS: Sorry I though I already answered this post! :roll:

Malagacar.com

Malaga airport transfers