English Deutsch Español

Kings walkway/Caminito del Rey

Introduce yourself or chat about anything in our general forum.
AnkoXI
New Visitor
New Visitor

Kings walkway/Caminito del Rey

Post by AnkoXI » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:22 am

Hello,

I have heard and seen few videos of this great kings walkway path. This extreme experience interests me a lot and I would like to hear more info about it. Is it open to public and if not then will it be reopened in near future etc? Its very hard to find info about it that is not at least 2 years old so all info is very much appreciated.

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Kings walkway/Caminito del Rey

Post by Raul » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:59 am

Hi and welcome!,
Yes, the Kings Path also calls my attention, I always liked the history of the places, and that one also looks like exciting and with beautiful views, however it is currently impractical and dangerous; because of this is absolutely prohibited the access. Proof of this is the following video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmDhRvvs5Xw

However, there is no doubt about the enormous tourism value of this tourist attraction so after several years of requests for its reconstruction, the first steps are being done currently.

Nerijus
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by Nerijus » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:28 am

Hello,
I want to ask locals about Caminito del Ray current and near future situation. I heard about reconstruction. Is it in progress or it should start soon(this or next year)? Please share this information. Thank you in advance.

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Raul » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:22 am

Caminito del Rey is currently open to everyone under reservation, for further information you should read the linkg above or the blog post I wrote at:

http://www.malagaweb.com/blog/tours/cam ... reet-view/

It is a very recommended spot to visit in Malaga.

Post closed ;)

Malagacar.com

Visit Malaga Forum

Malaga airport transfers