English Deutsch Español

Bad experience with Bike 2 Malaga bike rental shop

Find quick answers in our forum about private and public transport in Malaga and Costa del Sol.
juripete
New Visitor
New Visitor

Bad experience with Bike 2 Malaga bike rental shop

Post by juripete » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:34 am

Hi,

We had a strange and bad experience with this company two weeks ago. Someone tried to rob our bikes and the company manager was very pissed off, impolite and a little bit aggressive. He made us pay for the damage and the next day's rent and basically yelled at us. I guess they don't have any insurances since they make the customer pay for everything. They also take your passport or driver's license as a pawn for the days of rental. Strange customer service in my opinion. I do not recommend this bike rental shop to anyone.

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Bad experience with Bike 2 Malaga bike rental shop

Post by Raul » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:51 pm

Thank you for the review and welcome to this forum Juripete!

I guess they should include some sort of optional insurance, but was the bike that bad after the robbery attempt?

juripete
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by juripete » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:29 pm

Raul wrote:Thank you for the review and welcome to this forum Juripete!

Thaks.

I guess they should include some sort of optional insurance, but was the bike that bad after the robbery attempt?
The lock was broken and the bikes were ok. I asked the girl at the agency three times that what would happen if the bikes were stolen even if we used the locks properly. She only said "that has never happened before." I replied: "Ok, but what if? Who's going to pay then?" Girl: "That has never happened before."

bike2malaga
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by bike2malaga » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:54 am

Hello Malaga Forum,

I'm Vladimir from Bike2Malaga Team, and unfortunatelly I just have ridden this post now. I want to explain some things about this guy who wrote this post and about our clients in general.

After 3 years of renting bicycles, this is the first time ever we have a post like this. This guy - I dont remember his name - but I remember the case - is coward enough not to say thing directly in the face to us and writing in different forums lies. Just few words about this case:

Befor renting, we ALWAYS says, the bicycle is always on responsibility of the client, we cannot be responsible for the bicycle when client take it out of our store - the full responsibility is in the hand of client. Therefore, we always give 2 locks (one on bicycle, another is a big stronge chain), but we always says, DO NOT left the bicycles after 22h in Malaga on the street, take it the parking of the hotel, in appartment, close it in backyard of your hostel or if you are going out, lock it in front of the pub.

This guy left bycicle locked in front of the Train Station. He called me on Sunday at 23.30 to say me, that someone tried to steal the bicycle and the lock was brocken. I kindly explained him, I will be as soon as possible there and I came after 30 min to the station to help him. I tried to get the lock off, but it was brocken. He told me, from now this is my problem and he is tired and want to sleep. I told him, that we are happy that the bicycle wasn't stolen, but he got to pay the lock (15 EUR). From this moment he was pissed off. Next morning he came, payed 15 EUR for damage of the lock (my time was not included - sunday night, from 24.00 till 3 a.m. in the morning I tried to take off the brocken chain).

During 3 years we got thousands of clients, and sure, during the time as well bicycles where stolen. But our clients always were aware, that this is their own responsability, when they sign the contract, agree with conditions, got the instructions. We cannot do more, no one Insurance company in Spain insure bicycles. And we try our best to offer a good service. We are working hard and we try to get the same respect of our work like the Berlin, Amsterdam or Barcelona enterprise of bike hiring got. But some people like this client things that we in Malaga are not on the same level like their country and the goods, the time and the work here in Mlaga is not the same worth like there.

I hope, I could explain our point of view. And in the name of our team and all Malaga Enterprises of touristic sector I want to claim the respect of our work.

juripete
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by juripete » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:20 am

I told the manager of the rental shop exactly the same things that I have mentioned here. In addition, I said that I was going to write a review on the rental shop on the internet and tell about the incident because I was treated offensively with no respect whatsoever. The manager even said, that it was fine by him. So calling me a coward is another example of your poor customer service and offensive behavior.

In addition to the facts: I was never told that I was responsible of the bikes even if we used the both locks properly. The girl at the rental shop didn't mention that 22 pm was the latest hour that we could use the bikes. She only said that don't leave the bikes outside through the night, and that we surely didn't do. You also forgot to mention that you charged us the rest of the rental time in addition to the price of the lock, even if we didn't get to use any bikes after the incident.

travelfreak84
New Visitor
New Visitor

Post by travelfreak84 » Wed May 30, 2012 11:32 am

Hi everybody, I also rented bikes from bike2malaga...but in opposite to u juripete i was informed about the insurance case...my question to you: didnt u read the contract that was given to you?..everything neccessary was written there...and um..i mean..nobody likes to read the small printed..but isnt it logical that a bikerenting agency cant take responsibility for the bikes while you are hiring?..well..it was clear to me at least..anyway..just want to let people know that bike2malaga wasnt bad..i met only friendly people..nice day everybody.