Malagaweb.com

Things we can do and places to visit in Malaga?

Wondering about monuments or places to visit? Check our forum for quick answers and join our growing community.
kirktonlass
New Visitor
New Visitor

Things we can do and places to visit in Malaga?

Post by kirktonlass » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:34 pm

Hi, My husband and I visited Malaga for 4 nights last year, using it as a base to go trips to Ronda, Setenil de las Bodegas and Granada. We are coming back again at the end of the month for a week and, while we will be doing day trips to Mijas, Seville and Benalmadena we want to explore Malaga a lot more but haven't a clue what to go and see. We will be staying at the Atarazanas hotel - can anyone suggest things we can do while we are there? We both like walking though I now find TOO much uphill a bit of a struggle. Also, are there any good Chinese restaurants? Thanks in advance for any help :)

Raul
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Things we can do and places to visit in Malaga?

Post by Raul » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:44 am

Hello,
I recommend you to visit the Alcazaba fortress and Gibralfaro Castle, beside the first is the Roman Teathre also not to miss. From the Alcazaba you will be able to take some amazing photos of Malaga (the most representative photo you find when searching for Malaga is taken from there, the one with the bullring and the port)

At Plaza de la Merced is the home museum of Picasso, this is the place where he was born and the square is where he used to play when young. Something that not many people know about Plaza de la Merced is that under the sculpture situated in the middle of the square there is a cript.

Malaga port and the Pier 1 is a nice place for a stroll, you can also walk around the area and parks.

I would recommend visiting Atarazanas Market, but taking in consideration your hotel name, I guess you will find it without me having to tell you :D . In the distant past it was a Moorish shipyard, the sea was up to that level back then.

About a chinese restaurant, I know one I would recommend but it is in Torremolinos.

For a complete list of tourist attractions in Malaga you can check the link.

Visit Malaga Forum

Car hire Malaga Malaga airport transfers Malaga hotels