Just a few days ago has taken place one of the most popular cultural proposals in Malaga city, the White Night; as a matter of fact, more and more cities join the event with their own cultural offers. So, the easternmost town on the Costa del Sol, Nerja, celebrates its own White Night on the 18th of May.
This cultural project, with plenty of activities for all ages, begins to develop its program throughout the day. On May 18 is also celebrated the International Day of Museums and therefore there will be an open house with free entry to the Museum of the History of Nerja.
Here is the program:
– Sala Mercado: From 11:30 am Children’s Painting Workshop, Storytelling and games
– Plaza Cavana / Balcon de Europa: 10.30 am to 2 pm local Painters paint outdoors. 6 pm Concert; 6:30 pm Shows of different dance groups and a choir
– Historic city centre: 5.30 pm Street parade
– Cultural centre: 5 pm Theatre
– Hermitage Nuestra Señora de las Angustias: 12.30 pm Guided tour; 6 pm Early Music.
– Giner de los Rios: From 5 pm onwards varied activities
– Museum of Nerja: Open doors from 10 am to 2 pm and 4 pm to midnight. Workshops and guided visits.
– Plaza de España: From 9 pm choirs and dance performances.
Apart from these activities, there is also another proposal: The Nerja Cave offers until the end of June the opportunity to visit the caves outside regular hours open to the public. Thus, small groups can enjoy a unique light installation and limited in time. Reservations for this activity can be booked at the website www.cuevadenerja.es, where visitors can choose the day and time to enjoy the experience.