Ryanair has decided to cancel up to 50 flights daily from September to October. This decision has caused great uncertainty among all passengers who have booked with the company as they do not know if their flight will be affected.
This post will be updated with new information.
The reason given by the company is “to improve punctuality”.
The reason given by the company is “to improve punctuality”. There is little you can do if you have already booked your flight with this company because they will not communicate the status of a flight until a few days before.
Is my flight to or from Malaga cancelled?
Today, October 2nd, I was able to find 2 new flights cancelled to Malaga, one from Frankfurt and another from Marseille.
All scheduled flights on Mondays between Frankfurt and Malaga are cancelled, as well as flights between Malaga and Marseille.
Flights will be cancelled until March 2018 or until further notice from the company. Ryanair added that they will contact affected customers by email.
What to do if Ryanair cancel your flight?
There are two possible choices, one of them is to request a refund online in order to recover the money. Another option is to request a flight change for free.
If you have your flight seat booked you can’t do anything until it is cancelled by the company.
Can you claim if an airline cancel your flight?
You can claim financial compensation if an airline cancel your flight, the requirements are as follows:
- 125€ compensation: If the delay of re-routing is up to 2 hours (or it was cancelled) and the flight is less than 1500 km.
- 250€ compensation: If the delay of re-routing is up to 3 hours (or it was cancelled) and the flight distance is up to 1500 km.
- 300€ compensation: If the delay of re-routing is less than 4 hours (or it was cancelled), the flight is up to 3500 km and the flight has not taken off or landed in the EU.
- 400€ compensation: If the delay of re-routing is above 3 hours (or it was cancelled), the flight distance is between 1500 and 3500 km and the flight has taken off or landed in the EU
- 600€ compensation: If the delay of re-routing is above 4 hours (or it was cancelled), the flight distance is above 3500 km and the flight has not taken off or landed in the EU.
*Airline must also provide drink, food, accommodation, transport from and to the airport for the new flight and free telephone call.
The full compensation is only applicable if you request a refund of the fare. If you agree to travel on a flight with a delay of between 2 and 4 hours, the compensation is reduced by 50%.
There is no right to compensation if you received any kind of communication notifying you of the cancellation of the flight more than 14 days in advance, if the cancellation is due to a major force or if you are offered a flight with a schedule close to the one you originally had.
There is also a right to compensation for damages that you can prove such as transport or accommodation already paid.
Where can you claim?
You can go to the company’s counters at the airport or at the European Consumer Centre.
Ryanair cancelled flights list
For the Ryanair cancelled flights list you can consult the following official link: https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/travel-info/winter-schedule-changes
Latest posts by Raúl G.T (see all)
- Midsummer’s Eve: St. John’s bonfires night in Malaga - June 19, 2018
- Bioparc Fuengirola – Zoo and biodiversity in Fuengirola - June 19, 2018
- Malaga villages, not only beach tourism – Fantastic areas to discover - June 11, 2018