As you already know if you have read the blog post about fairs and festivals in October, on Friday 12 October the Fiesta en el Aire de Arriate (Open-Air Festival in Arriate) begins and will last until Sunday 14.
Open-Air Festival takes place over a long weekend with lots of fun, music and activities for the family. One of the goals of this event is to promote Malaga artists, do you want to join?
Open-Air Festival Program
The program is focused on musical shows with more than 20 concerts scheduled every year. There is also a music competition, a painting competition and a photography marathon.
In addition to music you can find many other activities ranging from exhibitions to craft workshops and cooking. The exhibitions can be found in the Residencia de Ancianos, at Calle La Fuente and at Callejuela. In these exhibitions you will find illustrations, short stories and some of the charms of Arriate.
Every night until early morning you can enjoy music with sessions by DJ Paul Bread.
Let’s take a look at some of the most outstanding events of these days. If you want to know the complete program you can consult it at the end of this article:
On Friday afternoon the Fiesta en el Aire begins.
- 5.00 pm – Wood carving workshop with chainsaws at Calle La Fuente.
- 6.00 pm – Inauguration of the Fiesta en el Aire with parades and opening of the craft market.
- 8.00 pm – Competition of musical bands. 5 bands are presented, each one will perform for 1 hour.
- 8.00 pm – Folk-Celta music at Plaza D. Antonio Marañón.
- 10.00 pm – Violin concert at Plaza D. Antonio Marañón.
- 11.00 pm – Piano concert at Plaza D. Antonio Marañón.
- 1.00 am – Winner of the music band contest and performance by El Duende Callejero.
- 3.00 am – Music session with DJ Paul.
- 9.00 am – Registration for the Quick Painting Contest at Plaza Díaz Mena.
- 12.00 – Municipal Band Concert and opening of the craft market.
- 12.00 – Wood carving workshop with chainsaws at Calle La Fuente.
- 12.30 pm – Photography Marathon.
- 1.00 pm – Magic show at Antonio Marañón Square.
- 5.00 pm – Winner of the Fast Painting contest at Plaza Díaz Mena.
- 5.00 pm – Flamenco Show
- 1.00 am – “Seguridad Social”, an old well-known band of the Spanish musical scene.
- 3.00 am- Music session with DJ Paul.
- 12.00 – Opening of the craft market.
- 12.00 – Clay workshop at Plaza Díaz Mena.
- 12.30 pm – End of the photography marathon.
- 1.30 pm – Cooking workshop for children.
- 3.00 pm – Piano at Plaza D. Antonio Marañón.
- 4.00 pm – Versionados
- 5.00 pm – Workshop of masks and costumes at Plaza de Antonio Marañón.
- 6.00 pm – International Sound
- 6.30 pm – Workshop “I colour my emotions”.
- 8.00 pm – La Dstyleria and closing of the Festival with a piano concert.
Full program in images
In order to know the complete program you can consult the following images of the official program in Spanish:
How to get to Arriate
On Friday and Saturday there will be a special bus to celebrate the Fiesta en el Aire, which will link Ronda with Arriate from 8pm to 4am.
More information about the Arriate Air Festival, competitions: http://www.arriate.es/2/noticias
To find out more about this festival you can watch a promotional video used in other years:
Latest posts by Raúl G.T (see all)
- Medieval craft and esoteric market in Estepona in June - June 13, 2019
- Museums in Malaga – Prices, schedules and free admission - June 7, 2019
- The best rooftop terraces in Malaga to enjoy the summer & good weather - June 6, 2019