The second week of October is the time for the Nerja Fair, an important event on the eastern side of the Costa del Sol that seduces tourists beyond the summer months.
This year 2018 the Fair begins on Tuesday 9 and ends on Sunday 14 October.
Activities and Fair Program
The Balcon de Europa usually hosts activities for all audiences from midday until late afternoon. They range from concerts and performances to Flamenco shows.
The concerts take place in the Official Booth at Plaza de España (map).
Due to the lack of official information on timetables
it is advisable to contact the town hall (link). I am waiting for a reply, when I receive it I will update the timetables and add activities. I sent them a request and they have not responded, so I will try to update with the information I find.
In past events the concerts and shows in the Official Booth have taken place at 11 pm, we can expect little changes on this.
Tuesday 9 October
- 8.00 pm – There are usually musical or flamenco shows on the Balcony of Europe (map).
- 8.30 pm – Fireworks show and lighting of the Fair.
- 10.00 pm – Election of the Queen of the Fair and the Knight of Nerja.
Every year they include one or more performances by local musicians and dance groups.
Wednesday 10 October
- 12.15 – Party for children on Balcon de Europa.
- 2.00 to 3.45pm – All children dressed in traditional flamenco can participate in the election of Queen and Knight on Balcon de Europa.
- 3.00 pm – A music band will walk through the streets of Nerja.
- 4.00 pm – 5.45 pm – Flamenco performance and dances on the Balcón de Europa.
- 8.15 pm – Procession from the Church of El Salvador, passing through the Balcony of Europe to the Church of San Miguel.
- 10.30 pm – Verbena and copla in the Municipal Stand.
- 11.30 pm – Performance by Ana Mena at Plaza de España.
Admission is free.
Thursday 11 October
- 12.00 – Band will walk through the streets of Nerja from the Balcon de Europa.
- 12.30 pm – Flamenco show on Balcon de Europa.
- 1.00 pm – Lunch in homage to the third age and coronation of the queen and knight of the Nerja fair.
- 4.00 pm – Parade
- 4.30 pm – Children’s performance with magic show in Balcón de Europa.
- 5.45 pm – Dance show in Balcón de Europa.
- 6.00 pm – Pasacalle de la Charanga.
- 6.45 pm – Choir performance in the Balcony of Europe.
- 11.00 pm – Performance by Paco Candela in the Municipal Stand.
Ticket price 15€
Friday 12 October
- 12.00 – Musical show at the Balcón de Europa
- 12.30 pm – Flamenco performance on Balcon de Europa.
- 1.00 pm – Carriage parade from Verano Azul Park to Plaza Cavana.
- 4.00 pm – Charanga afternoon with “Los Majaretas”.
- 4.30 pm – Performance by a children’s dance group on Balcón de Europa.
- 5.45 pm – Parade of the Charanga “Vaso Largo”.
- 6.00 p.m. – Performance by flamenco choirs.
- 10.30 pm – Verbena and humour in the Municipal Stand.
- 11.30 pm – Mondragón & La Frontera Orchestra in Plaza de España.
Admission 15 Euros.
Saturday 13 October
- From 12.00 to 6.00 pm there will be musical and dance shows on the Balcon de Europa.
- 10.30 pm – Verbena in the Municipal Booth.
- 11.00 pm or 11.30 pm – Concert by Niña Pastori at Plaza de España.
Where does the Fair take place?
During the day the Fair acquires importance in Tutti Frutti Square and Antonio Millon Street. You will find a festive atmosphere with events and lots of fun.(Mapa)
You will find the mechanical attractions and the booths at the parking area of “Los huertos”. Concerts and other shows take place not far from this location, at Plaza de España and Balcón de Europa.
In addition you will find parades through the streets of Nerja throughout the day.
Latest posts by Raúl G.T (see all)
- Aventura Amazonia in Marbella – A theme park with zip-lines in nature - February 20, 2019
- Travel with children – Basic tips for flying with baby or toddler and long trips - February 14, 2019
- Family friendly hotels for kids in Malaga – With slides, park and all inclusive - February 8, 2019