Málaga Fair is coming and we already know the artists and the concerts that will be present throughout the week. We bring you the programme of the Malaga Fair 2018, so you can start planning the week in detail.
First of all, if you never ever visited the fair before you might want to read about Malaga fair. The guide has detailed information on where it takes place and the dates updated every year.
During the fair in Malaga, some public transport services are modified to facilitate access to the fairgrounds.
The fair is held in mid-August every year; it refers to the celebration of the capture of Malaga by the Catholic Monarchs on 18 August 1491. It’s one of the most anticipated events of the year; thousands of local and foreign visitors enjoy a few days of fun.
When is this “feria de Malaga” celebrated? This year the fair will start in August 11 and finish the 19th.
When is Malaga Fair this year?
This year the fair will start in August 11 and finish the 19th.
Malaga fair program
The Malaga Fair is inaugurated on the night of Friday the 10th, on the beach of La Malagueta with fireworks at midnight.
At the daytime fair the city centre is decorated with lanterns and flowers. The streets are filled with shows for children and adults, dances, verdiales bands, carriages and decorated horses.
At night the fair moves to the fairgrounds. There are fairground attractions, food stalls, booths and musical shows of all styles until late at night.
As a new addition this year, before the fair lighting there will be a visual show with images projected on the esplanade of the Customs’ front page.
Friday 10 August: Inauguration of the fair
Inauguration of the fair with fireworks and a concert of “Efecto Mariposa” band on the Malagueta beach.
Saturday 11 August
Visual show at 9pm on the front area of Aduanas before the lighting.
- Encarni Navarro
- El Arrebato
Sunday 12 August
Humorous night dedicated to Chiquito de la Calzada:
- Manolo Sarria
- Justo Gómez
- Angel Luis Rodriguez Idígoras
- Eduardo Bander
- Tomás Garcia
- Morta y Manolo Doña
Monday 13 August
- Virginia Gamez
- Efecto Pasillo
Tuesday, August 14
- Jarrillo de Lata
- Niña Pastori
Thursday 16 August
- Siempre así
Friday 17 August
- Juanma Jerez
- Marta Sanzhez
Saturday 18 August
- Aurora Guirado
Activities and festival in the historical centre
Every day there will be live performances by local artists in the main squares of the historic centre of the city.
Saturday 11 August
- 10’am: Equestrian and horse show
- 11’30am: Floral offering
From 11 to 19 August
- 1 pm to 6 pm: Live performances by local artists at Plaza de la Constitución, Merced, Mitjana, Las Flores, Obispo and San Pedro Alcantara.
From 12 to 18 August
- 1pm: Verdiales party in Calle Larios.
- 2pm: Flamenco show in Calle Ramón Franquelo
From 13 to 19 August
- Folklore Festivals in Malaga from 10am to 1pm and from 5pm to 9pm
- The Magic Fair, a dream of a summer fair, is a space for children in the Alcazabilla street, in front of the Roman Theatre from 12:00 to 3:30 pm.
Events and performances at the Fairgrounds
The evening fair is a fair with activities and shows for all ages.
- Daily performances at the Verdiales Booth from 10 pm onwards.
- The youngest ones will have children’s shows from 9.30 pm in the Children’s Municipal Booth.
- From the 12th of August there will be flamenco performances between 2pm and 11pm in the Municipal Booth of Flamenco y Copla.
Equestrian shows at the fair
- 11 to 19 August: Equestrian show from 12 to 8 pm around the fairgrounds.
- The equestrian show is held twice a day at the Equestrian Exhibition Centre (Calle Antonio Rodríguez Sanchez, 39), at 4 pm and 10 pm.
- Horse riding of Amazonas on Sunday 19 August.
Election of Queen and Mister of the Fair of Malaga
Election of Queen and Mister at the front page of the fairgrounds on Wednesday 15 August at 10 pm.
Download official fair programme
You can download the official programme in PDF format from here or visit the official website http://www.malagaturismo.com/en/site/feriademalaga
Do not get lost with our map of the fairground:
Feria del Mar (Sea Fair)
The Sea Fair in the Port of Malaga is a family leisure space that takes place from 11 to 18 August at 20:00 hours.
There are many free activities for children until 10pm. From then on, local and national artists gather for live performances.
For more information you can visit the official website (in spanish): http://www.muelleuno.com/eventos/feria-del-mar-2018/
Latest posts by Raúl G.T (see all)
- Malaga Bike Day and European Mobility Week in September - September 15, 2018
- Anchovy’s Day Festival in Rincon de la Victoria in September - September 7, 2018
- Festivals and fairs in Malaga in September – Autumn activities - August 28, 2018