In Guaro will take place on 7 and 8 in September the Luna Mora Festival.
This event of 2 days is a free meeting place of Andalusian culture and music with streets decorated for the occasion; a mixture of cultures that have lived together and shaped this town over the centuries and during these days offer visitors a good excuse to come visit.
No to forget the typical candles lit along the streets of the town, creating a beautiful sight at night; some romantic shapes where many couples decide to take the photo to immortalize the moment.
During the night numerous stalls offer food at good prices.
Program of Luna Mora in Guaro
This event starts on Friday, September 7 at 5 pm with the opening of the Moorish craftsmen souk and has the same schedule for Saturday September 8.
Hours and events use to repeat every year but they could change slightly.
- 5 pm: Opening of the Moorish craftsmen souk.
- 5’30 pm: Workshops in the streets of downtown.
- 6 pm: Lightning of the candles.
- 6’30: Workshop of craft games
- 7 pm: Ambience in the streets and visit of the cultural patrimony of the village.
- 10 pm: Henna wordshop on Friday and Oriental dance workshop on Saturday.
- 9 pm: Juggling with fire and parade.
- 9’30 pm: Dancing tales for children.
- 11 pm: Live concert
- Midnight: Show at the Cultural centre Al-Andalus
Live concerts this year
This year there will be two concerts, Niña Pastori band on 7 September and Triana on 8 September, both at the Auditorio de la Luna Mora at 11 pm.
To get there, there is normally an open-air car park just before arriving to Guaro. From the parking lot there is a bus that will take you up to the village and then back for 1€. This special means of transport will run during the days of the event from 6pm to 5am.
The road route is through Coín. Remember that access by road will be restricted from Monda, so you must use the road to Coín.
Do not hesitate, if you have no plans on Friday 7 or Saturday 8 September, come and visit the Luna Mora in Guaro, you won´t regret it.
Official program: http://guaro.es/lunamoraguaro/programacion.php
Latest posts by Raúl G.T (see all)
- July in Malaga: Weekend activities, fairs and other events - June 28, 2019
- Malaga, one of the best cities to live and visit in Spain - June 26, 2019
- Midsummer’s Eve: St. John’s bonfires night in Malaga - June 20, 2019