The MIMA children’s Fair is an event that takes place during Christmas in Malaga and offers many fun and educational activities for families with children between 4 and 12 years.
In the last edition of MIMA were registered more than 30.000 visitors. The space has more than 60 activities that take place in about 11,850 square meters.
What is MIMA?
MIMA is a Fair for children that offers sports activities, attractions, workshops and more. Children can enjoy from 11 am to 9 pm with their families and interact with other children of the same age while they learn and have fun.
This event during the Christmas season is a popular appointment for families. On an area of 11,850 m2 there are more than 60 activities for children, are you going to miss it?
When and where is MIMA?
This year the children’s Fair MIMA will begin on 26 December 2018 and will last until 4 January 2019.
At Palacio de Ferias y Congresos de Málaga from 11 am to 9 pm. (Map)
The Fair is closed on 31 December and 1 January.
Christmas Family Activities
The aim of MIMA is to offer the visitor an integrating, family meeting with both a recreational and educational offer where technology, sport and science are the protagonists along with children.
In MIMA there are different areas where take place activities and events:
- Sport Zone: This is the sports zone and there are obstacle courses, basketball matches and a football field.
- Workshops: This area is dedicated to science, culture, the environment, cooking, painting and other activities.
- Technology Zone: Each year there is a greater presence of robotics and virtual reality. You will also find video games and simulators.
- Attractions area: Mechanical attractions such as bumper cars, jumping and others that will definitely be fun for children.
- Stage: Dance exhibitions, performances, storytelling and other activities.
We also list a few activities that took place last year in the areas mentioned above. You will be able to appreciate the wide range of possibilities to enjoy in these facilities during the Christmas season:
- Ice rink
- Climbing wall
- Zip Line
- Ball pool
- Bump Cars
- Pottery workshops, handicrafts, face painting
There are also environmental education and road safety workshops as well as magic shows, acrobatics, children’s theatre and Christmas galas.
With so much variety, it’s worth coming over, there’ sure to be something you’ll like!
More information and how to get there
By car: The Palacio de Congresos de Malaga is located at Avenida José Ortega y Gasset Nº 201, a few kilometres between the city centre and the airport and very well connected by the A-7 motorway.
By public transport: Buses Nº 3, 22 and 24.
More information at the Palacio de Congresos website in Spanish: http://mima.malaga.eu/
Latest posts by Raúl G.T (see all)
- Viewpoints in Malaga, the best spots from where taking spectacular photos - January 21, 2019
- Things you didn’t know about the Spring Equinox and when it happens - January 15, 2019
- Carmen Thyssen Museum in Malaga – Opening hours, prices and events - January 9, 2019