Summer is coming and you haven’t had a well-deserved vacation yet. Now is a good time to enjoy the good weather. Have you considered visiting Malaga in June?
Let’s see what the weather is like in June and I’ll give you some reasons why this month is one of the best months of the year to enjoy the Costa del Sol.
Flight and accommodation prices are lower in June than in August.
5 reasons to come to Malaga in June
- June is characterized by good temperatures, a pleasant climate that allows you to enjoy not only the beach but also walks during the day without getting too hot.
- During this month you can enjoy a relative tranquillity. Large crowds of tourists are still preparing to arrive in late July and early August.
- If you travel with children or with your family, the possibility of enjoying many other tourist attractions due to the two previous points is much greater.
- Flight and accommodation prices are lower in June than in August.
- The night walks on the beach in June are already pleasant; the sea breeze is beneficial to health.
Among some ideal recommendations for seasons with fewer tourists I would highlight the natural pools in Malaga, hiking routes along riverbeds, visit the Torcal de Antequera or its Dolmens, a visit to Mount Calamorro by cable car… I will not list all the attractions you could visit, for that you can already see our guide of attractions in Malaga, but I can say in summary that this month invites you to do so.
What is the weather like in June in Malaga?
The weather during the month of June in Malaga already shows the summer. Average temperatures above 25ºC (77ºF), maximums of 32ºC (89.6ºF) and minimums of 17ºC (63ºF).
It is possible that some days, especially by the end of the month, you may experiment particularly high temperatures for this month, although this does not always happen. In 2017, temperatures reached 37ºC (98.6ºF); during the last week of the month the temperature did not drop below 30ºC (86ºF).
The water temperature is usually between 19ºC (66ºF) and 23ºC (73ºF). In the middle of June and until the end of the month the water temperature becomes more and more pleasant. May in Malaga says goodbye with sea water temperatures of around 18ºC (64.4ºF) and 19ºC (66ºF).
Is it raining in June?
It is not usual to find rain during the month of June in Malaga, although it could happen. We could say that of the 30 days and looking back in time, it could rain 1 day in average.
In the event that you find rain in June, it is the typical summer rain without cold and does not prevent you from enjoying a day at the beach or swimming pool. Nothing to worry about, anyway I recommend what to do on a rainy day.
What clothes to bring to Malaga in June?
The nice weather invites you to the beach or the pool. No matter how much I recommend visiting the interior of the province or participating in activities throughout the day, you can’t visit Malaga in June and forget about the beach.
Clothing recommended in June:
- Swimsuits, at least a pair so you can change while one is drying.
- Shorts, the amount depends on the days of vacation you are going to have.
- Sandals: I use to bring for holiday one pair, depending on your fashion sense you can bring more!
- Comfortable shoes, either for walking or dining out.
- T-shirts or tank-shirts: Keep in mind that the weather invites you to change your T-shirt almost every day.
- Some jacket and trousers not very warm in case of a cool night or to use during the flight. Something like a sweatshirt might work.
- Do not bring a towel, flotation devices or mats. It’s more useful if you buy them here. They are not especially expensive and you’ll have more room in your suitcases.
If you travel as a family I must warn you to watch the kids on the beach. They have a great time and it is an option more than recommended, but do not forget that they are children. Better safe than worry!
Are there activities in June in Malaga?
Many events take place only during the month of June in Malaga, what if I mention some of the most popular ones?
- Of course, I recommend you celebrate St. John’s Eve night in Malaga (Midsummer’s Eve). During the night of June 23 the beaches are full of life, it is a magical night that traditionally celebrates the arrival of summer.
- The fried fish festival in Torremolinos takes place every year at the beginning of June. If you like to eat, you can’t miss it.
- In mid-June and also in Torremolinos takes place the Festival of Cultures with music, gastronomy and cultural events from many different countries.
- In Benalmádena you can take part in the St. John’s Fair at the end of June, at Plaza de la Mezquita.
- Fuengirola usually holds a multitude of events, including concerts at Sohail Castle throughout the month.
- Marbella Fair during the week of June 11th with floats, horses, music, food, drink and lots of partying.
You can find out about these and many more events in June by visiting our events guide in Malaga.
So is it advisable to visit Malaga in June?
Of course, it’s one of my favourite months in Malaga. If you still have questions or other options I recommend to visit another post where I consider which is the best month to visit Malaga.
Latest posts by Raúl G.T (see all)
- Things you didn’t know about the Spring Equinox and when it happens - January 15, 2019
- Carmen Thyssen Museum in Malaga – Opening hours, prices and events - January 9, 2019
- Night of the Three Kings: Parades, history and curiosities - December 31, 2018