An essential element of summer nights are the rooftop terraces in Malaga. Here I leave you some of the best proposals to have a few drinks after work or to start the night.
Some of the terraces below are open all year round, so if you’re out of season you might want to take a look. You can see a map with all the rooftop terraces in Malaga here.
Best rooftop terraces in Malaga
During the long summer months caressing the Costa del Sol, with long nights and warm sea breeze, life takes place in the street, where both locals and visitors enjoy their leisure time and have fun outdoors. An essential element of the nights in Malaga are the rooftop terraces. We give you some of the best proposals for a drink after work or to start the evening.
The streets of the towns are filled with tables and chairs and there are terraces everywhere and for everyone. In Malaga city we can find many of them in the old quarter near the Plaza de la Merced; who prefers to sip a cocktail enjoying the sea breeze can head for Pedregalejo.
But our proposals are “soaring”: all have in common fantastic views of the surrounding, being nearly all the “coolest” and most fashionable places of Malaga summer.
Molina Lario Piscina Lounge rooftop terrace
First we introduce you to the Pool Lounge, located on the roof of the Hotel Molina Lario in Malaga city centre.
The Pool Lounge offers a relaxed atmosphere for the most exclusive summer nights in the centre of the capital of the Costa del Sol, with tapas, cocktails and DJ sessions and spectacular night views of the Cathedral and the illuminated Alcazaba.
This pleasant terrace called “The Top”, with a chic atmosphere and chill out decoration, has become the meeting point of the moment.
- Open: The Pool Lounge is open all summer nights from Thursday to Saturday from 9:30pm to 2:30am, for a first drink, tapas or a midnight cocktail. The months of July and August is open every day.
- Address: Calle Molina Lario 22.
- Web: http://www.hotelmolinalario.com/es/the-top/
Rooftop terrace in penthouse of hotel AC Malaga Palacio
Another rooftop terrace in Malaga with privileged views is the penthouse located on the 15th floor of the AC Hotel Malaga Palacio.
In this space located between the Paseo del Parque and the Cathedral you can enjoy 360º views of the city of Malaga, in addition to bar and restaurant, cocktails and mojitos, themed parties, DJ and live jazz performances.
- Open: The terrace is open every day. The opening hours are from noon until one in the morning. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays are open until 4 am.
- Address: Calle Cortina del Muelle 1.
- Tip: It is necessary to book and check availability on the phone (0034) 952 215 185
Located just in front of the Alcazaba of Malaga is an ideal place for a good meal or a drink while enjoying the beautiful views from the terrace.
During the night the illumination of this Arab fortress adds a special touch to the atmosphere.
There is a modern cuisine and a wide dining schedule. This restaurant belongs to the Alcazaba Premium Hostel.
- Open: From 8 to midday, from 1.30 to 4 pm and from 8.30 to 11.30 pm.
- Address: Calle Alcazabilla, 12
- Web: https://www.alcazabapremiumhostel.com/restaurante/
Parador of Gibralfaro
The restaurant in this parador is an ideal place to enjoy a sunset in Malaga while having an aperitif or dinner.
- Address: Castillo de Gibralfaro (Map)
- Open: Daily from 11 to 2 am.
- Menu: https://www.parador.es/es/gastronomia/menus/carta-especia-parador-de-malaga-gibralfaro
Located in the heart of Malaga, very close to the Carmen Thyssen Museum, you will find the Oasis Terrace. A cozy place where you can enjoy good cocktails while enjoying the views.
Belongs to Oasis Backpackers Hostel chain.
This place also has the possibility of organizing events on the terrace.
Valeria’s rooftop terrace
Room Mate Hotels introduces us to this hotel in Plaza de la Marina with stunning views of the port and the Ferris wheel of Malaga.
The swimming pool of this terrace is accessible only to guests of the hotel.
- Opening hours:
Sunday to Thursday: 11.00 to midnight.
Fridays, Saturdays and public holidays: from 11.00 to 2.00
- Address: Plaza Poeta Alfonso Canales, 5
- Web: https://room-matehotels.com/es/valeria/terraza/
Terrace B-Heaven in hotel Barcelo
The prestigious hotel chain Barceló joins the fashion of the rooftop terraces in Malaga and does it in style. From this terrace you can enjoy beautiful views of the city.
There is an outdoor heated swimming pool during the winter and a large relaxation area. There are armchairs and intimate areas where you can even have a romantic candlelit dinner. Perhaps a good place to celebrate Valentine’s Day in Malaga?
Can be booked for special events.
- Open: The terrace is only open in season.
Monday to Thursday and Sundays from 10.30 am to midnight.
Fridays and Saturdays from 11.00 am till 1 am.
- Address: Calle Héroe de Sostoa, 2
Terrace Club Chinitas
This terrace overlooking the Cathedral of Malaga belongs to the Chinitas Urban Hotel.
The terrace has two floors with bars where you can enjoy a pleasant afternoon.
The upper floor can be reserved for events and parties.
- Address: Pasaje Chinitas, 3
- Opening: Every afternoon at 4 pm.
- Web: https://www.chinitashostel.com/es-es/terraza-club-chinitas
Rooftop terrace in El Corte Inglés
Great culinary proposals without leaving El Corte Inglés on a terrace with beautiful views where they also serve cocktails and other beverages.
- Open: Monday to Thursday from 10:00 to midnight. Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from noon to 2 am.
- Web: https://www.elcorteingles.es/centroscomerciales/es/eci/servicios/restaurante-la-terraza-lob
Hotel Soho Bahía Málaga rooftop terrace
This eighth floor rooftop terrace overlooks the Alcazaba and the Port of Malaga.
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 6:00 pm to midnight.
Fridays and Saturdays: 6 pm to 2 am.
Closed on Sundays and Mondays
- Address: Calle Somera, 8
Hotel Sallés Málaga Centro
A place where you can drink cocktails, eat some appetizers or even have a dinner.
There are events and sessions of Jazz or live music.
- Open: From the end of March to October.
During the spring: from 12 to 8 pm
During the summer: From noon until 2 am.
- Address: Calle Mármoles, 6
Map of rooftop terraces in Malaga
Other rooftop terraces on the Costa del Sol
In addition to those in the city centre there are other rooftop terraces in Malaga with stunning views.
Let’s look at some examples in case you find yourself strolling through one of these places and feel like relaxing with some nice views:
Marbella rooftop terrace
Probably at the top of the chicest summer terraces in Marbella is the Sky Lounge in Pangea, one of the most glamorous clubs in Puerto Banus.
The open-air terrace bar offers panoramic views of the harbour in one of the most exclusive meeting places with great atmosphere and international DJs.
Unlike other terraces, its height is not an advantage, but the views of Puerto Banus are spectacular.
- Address: Terraza Edificio Club de Mar. Puerto Banús, Muelle de Honor
- Open: From 18 April 2019 it opens from 10 pm to 3 am.
- Web: https://pangea-club.com/
Enjoying the best terraces in Malaga all year round
We hope you enjoy the warm nights of our beloved summer in these places. Some terraces are open all year round, so if you are passing through Malaga out of season you can relax over a drink while you marvel at the views.